“Delicious, Authentic Ramen!”

Ramen House Shinchan
Ranked #7 of 151 Restaurants in Palatine
Reviewed 26 May 2017

I've had the best condition and tonkotsu ramen, both of which are absolutely yummy. Perfect on cold, rainy days. The broths taste fresh, flavorful, savory and not overly salty as broths can be. The place is clean and the service is always great. We try to get there as they open (especially on the weekends) to avoid a long wait. Portions are generous, so when we aren't able to take leftovers home, my husband and I will usually share a bowl and get an appetizer (the gyoza was so good!).

Reviewed 22 May 2017

There used to be a line to get in - always. They recently expanded so it's easier to get in now. Some of the best ramen I've ever had! I'm not usually a fan of this sort of food but my wife wanted to go so we went (of course). Food was great!

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Fresh, great overall. We come to this place a lot! Always fresh and prepared as you wait, not a pre heat. Cost is fair, and this place expanded so there is more room now. You will not be disappointed here.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Read great reviews so came with friends early so we wouldn't wait too long in line. Good move...

Tebasaki - ck wings, the Best, so delish, just salt & pepper & probably sugar, what a surprise
Crouqette - basically potatoes fried in a ball, ok
Unagi Don - yummy eel in Teriyaki sauce over rice!
Tonkotsu Ramen - I wanted to Love this, but was good not great... needed more notes & much more ingredients than just 2 slices of pork, some bean sprouts & an egg
Chanpon - noodles with some seafood, ok, nothing special.

I guess I was looking for wow factor in taste, ingredients & some creativity. Nice meal but not worth driving all the way out there for.

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

I was in the area for work and had gotten a chill that I couldn't shake earlier in the day, so I thought Ramen would hit the spot. I chose wisely.

My food was fantastic!

The Shio Ramen was perfect and savory with a touch of heat (from the added pepper sauce I ordered). The kimchi was also very good. The service was impeccable, and there was a ton of people eating when I went.

I'll definitely be back.