“Unusually careful attention to balancing of flavors.”
Review of Siri Thai Two

Siri Thai Two
Ranked #69 of 151 Restaurants in Palatine
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 11 January 2015

I share the opinion of many other reviewers that this is an extraordinarily good Thai restaurant, one that would stand up well on the streets of Bangkok. (It's cuisine is mostly from that region.) What most impressed me was the careful attention to the balancing of flavors. For example, I had some simple lemonade with my lunch. They had added a bit of salt to it to balance the sweetness of the lemonade. It reminded me of a condiment that you often find with fruit in Thailand composed of equal amounts of white sugar and salt with a hefty dose of chili powder. The same care to balancing flavors, which is a central tenet of Thai cuisine, could be found across the board.

I sampled their papaya salad which was simple compared to others I've had, really just shredded green papaya and tomato, but still delicious, light and satisfying. I also tried their spring rolls, requesting a vegetarian substitution of tofu for chicken or pork. These also were delicious and nicely balanced for both flavor and texture. It was clear that everyone was really enjoying their entrees around the table. For the vegetarians, choices were plentiful and the restaurant was amenable to substitutions.

Service was prompt and friendly (my hosts were well known to the owners). The place was rather empty as were there on a Saturday early in the afternoon, so it was hard to assess how noisy it might be when really full. Our bill was very reasonable and given the quality of the food, very good value. I will go again!

1  Thank Stephen P

Reviewed 6 November 2014

The atmosphere is nice, and good Thai food. Their cocoanut soup is wonderful. I believe it is called Tom Yum, but not sure.

Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

We went to Siri Thai to celebrate my brother's birthday on a Wednesday night. The food was excellent and plentiful. You can specify how spicy you want your dish to be seasoned.

We had the entire restaurant to ourselves. The decor was tired and there was no music playing, so it was a little awkward. Service was both friendly and fast. We would definitely order carry out from here in the future. Yum yum!

1  Thank Korie M
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Amazing flavor. Go near 2:30pm-3:00pm to get a free appetizer. I ordered Basil Fried Rice. It was mouth watering.

1  Thank rickyufv
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Siri Thai on Palatine road is so much better than the other place in town, no comparison. Rod cooks himself, uses fresh ingredients, marinates his own meats, uses tons of thai basil and grows his own kaffir lime leaves! His hot and sour soup is killer and his Kew Mow (spelling) is second to none. I eat there all the time and order take out. Have been doing so for many years. Pam and Rod rock, they are steady and have very, very wonderful food!!

2  Thank badgerbobby45