Open today: 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Book In Advance
Tours from iSUP Samui Stand Up Paddling tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience iSUP Samui Stand Up Paddling
More Info
All reviews paddle boarding great morning sunrise tour watching the sunrise highly recommend this activity great fun follow instructions simple instructions the banana bread great instructor private lesson via facebook sunset paddle choeng mon beach great photos clear instructions spend an afternoon
Reviewed March 2, 2018

My daughter and I tried SUP for the first time with ISUP. Ian came and picked us up and bravely explained the basics of paddle boarding before taking us out (we both are renowned for falling over). The whole experience was fabulous and has given us both the bug to have another go. We cannot thank Ian and ISUP enough.

Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

We’re recently retired and now have time to try things we never did while working. We have wanted to try paddle boarding and found ISUP Samui Stand Up Paddling offered lessons. What a wonderful experience. From setting it up to actually going through the course with great equipment - first rate. Ian is a marvelous instructor - very patient and encouraging! My partner was a natural! With Ian’s instruction she was up and paddling in no time. Ian even got me up and paddling and I’m 6’4” (1.9m) and ~280 lbs (+125kgs). We had a blast. Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to learn or enjoy paddle boarding in Koh Samui! Thanks Ian!

Date of experience: February 2018
Tammy W, Owner at iSUP Samui Stand Up Paddling, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2018

Hi Bob, thanks for taking the time to write a review. I heard you had a great time out on the water, and that your partner really was a natural :-). Safe travels and hope to see you back in Samui sometime.

Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

Definitely a highlight of our entire trip- it was our first time paddle boarding and with Ian’s friendly and positive guidance we were able to learn a wonderful new skill whilst enjoying a beautiful sunset over the island.
The whole afternoon was very smooth sailing-well organised and heaps of fun- could not recommend highly enough!

Reviewed January 28, 2018

I really liked my first tour (there is a 5 star rating), so I booked a second tour and paid in advance.
That morning it was raining hard and there was no way to go to the meeting point by bike. Also, it wouldn't have been fun to paddle in those weather conditions. Afterwards I didn´t ask for a refund, suggested that I just forward the ticket to a friend coming to Samui soon.
Tammy refused that! And I think that it is as unkind as it can be. So, don't pay in advance if you go there.

Date of experience: January 2018
Tammy W, Owner at iSUP Samui Stand Up Paddling, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2018

Ralf and I have already discussed this offline, but since he felt the need to share his complaint online, then I will also share our reply. We were paddling in Bangrak that day, and the rain had stopped there about an hour earlier than the agreed meeting time. Ralf was staying in Lamai (about 30-40 minutes drive away), outside of our complimentary pick up zone, and he had made his own arrangements to drive to the north on a motorbike. We offered him a sunrise paddle the next day (which he was unable to make) and also offered him a discount that he could pass onto his friends.

COPIED FROM MY EMAILS TO RALF:

We can offer your friends a 20% discount if they want to paddle with us in Samui, but we can’t transfer the voucher.

Ian had setup the boards on the beach and was waiting for you on the day. The weather was fine for paddling in Bangrak (it had stopped raining an hour earlier). We only cancel paddle tours and lessons if the weather is dangerous, ie. thunderstorms or strong winds.

Samui has very isolated weather so it can be raining in one part and fine in the other.

We are offering 20% discount to your friends (which works out at 480 Baht if 2 people join a Sunrise Tour). That’s almost half the value of your voucher for that day, so considering that we were setup on the beach and waiting for you, I think it is quite fair.

You emailed us about 30 minutes before the start time, surely you had woken up earlier than that. If you were really concerned about the weather, you could have called us. While we are setting up equipment we are not able to read emails.

I am sorry that you feel upset about this. We do everything we can to make sure everyone has a safe and enjoyable time on the water. As I’m sure you recall you enjoyed the first paddle lesson, and even spent some 1:1 time with Ian while you were waiting for the others to arrive.

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

First time sup and Ian was fantastic, easy to follow instructions and encouraging. Will be continuing on sup and when I get back to Koh Samuri will definitely book again with Ian.

Date of experience: November 2017