“Hidden Gem”
Review of Simple Taste

Simple Taste
Ranked #15 of 65 Restaurants in Palos Heights
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Never paid much attention to this restaurant, very under the radar, I did not even know it was there until a couple months ago. Decided to try it today. The food was absolutely delicious. Seasoned and cooked perfectly. So refreshing to have a simple well prepared meal that is not overrun with salt. The hummus was the best I have ever had. The Lamb Chops were awesome. The atmosphere is nice, the decor is simple but cozy, and the woman who I believe was the owner was very friendly. My wife and I left very happy that we decided to try it and will definitely be back.

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank ericeQ1983GQ

Reviewed March 30, 2018

When we come here, ww feel like we are part of Pheda's family...she is always warm and hospitable. Several of us were there for dinner the week before ( BYOB) and had such a great time we wanted to bring 9 more of our friends....her food is always outstanding. What we didn't plan on was an additional 4 tables of mothers and their children ( school holiday) which maxed her staff out and service was understandable slow. Food was still fresh, just the right spices made with much love and pride. We'll be back but Not on a school holiday. We love it here and we love Pheda.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank revdeboraellenbrown
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

This healthy Mediterranean restaurant just celebrated there one year anniversary. It is a small restaurant located near the Palos Heights Post Office. Their hummus is delicious served with large pieces of fresh pita bread. The menu features vegitarian dishes, shish ka bobs, salads and a little fish. Reasonably priced but don’t be in a hurry. The owner seems to be the only one working in the kitchen.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

Healthy homemade food. I feel better every time after I eat their delicious food. Best Shawarma that I’ve ever had. Excellent vegetarian plate as well. Service always with a smile.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed September 13, 2017

My friends and I love to come to this cute, cozy spot in Palos for lunch or dinner. The owner is so friendly and personable. The decor is simple but attractive. The food, from the declicous hummus to the delectable desserts, is amazing. The owner loves to cook and puts her heart into it. This quiet respite is a delight and a gift to Palos.

Date of visit: August 2017