“Just really good fried seafood👍”

The Original Island Shrimp House
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Palos Park
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

Just tried this little place. We sampled a few things between the two of us. We loved the fries, good cole slaw accompanied our meals. Jumbo shrimp and scallops were both really good with a crisp breadcrumb coating. The clam strips were batter dipped... okay, not outstanding, but the sauce served with it was exceptionally tasty... honey habanero. Staffed/owned with extremely friendly and helpful service. Dan and Dimitri made sure we were happy. It is BYOB... might do that next time. Might need to consider offering some of the dished as baked or broiled for a few healthier options.

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

I usually go there once a week to get my calamari or shrimp. Nice portions you normally would order 1/2 pound or pound.

Reviewed July 12, 2017

Have only carried out, but everything has been fresh and good quality. The owner smokes his own salmon and it is fabulous. It's expensive, but worth the cost. Tried the lobster roll once, but it was just OK, maybe not my thing.

Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

I really enjoyed the food here. The Jambalaya is included in the soup menu and eats like a soup with great flavor. I had fried shrimp also that were very good.

I also tried a cup of the shrimp bisque. It was just outstanding.

Bottom line is, I will be back the next time I'm in town and would go out of my way to eat here.

Service was very good as well.

Reviewed April 13, 2017

If you are in search of good lobster roll, this is the place! Pair it with a bowl of hearty clam chowder to complete your meal. It's a rare gem to find it in Illinois suburb.