“Michelle at the Holiday Inn Express in Peru IL is AWESOME!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Peru
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Michelle who worked nights on Saturday January 28 was AWESOME! She really went out of her way to make me feel like her number 1 customer. She is an asset to your organization.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank suzy k
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru

Reviewed 17 January 2012

It was late and we were traveling back from Green Bay, Wisconsin. We were looking for a Holiday Inn so we could "get points" for staying there. We used our GPS and it took us to the best Holiday Inn Express that we have stayed in yet! In Peru, Illinois, off the beaten path and it may become our "stopping piont" from now on! The cleanest, nicest room and friendliest staff we have encountered by far. It is a new hotel but it is well worth the time it takes to get into town from the highway.
The rooms were a good size, the breakfast was plentiful and it was just an overall great stay. If I knew people in Peru--I would definitly make this a meeting place for them. I can't say enough about this hotel---I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Our room was just a regular standard room and very spacious.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cinderella2all
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stayed here for a night while driving by on Rt 80.

The hotel was built in 2010. The rooms are well appointed (for this class of hotel), the bed was comfortable and internet access worked well. The staff was friendly & helpful.

Room Tip: Get on the 3rd floor so you don't have anyone above you.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Our high school class celebrated our 50th reunion last weekend, and we reserved 40+ rooms at the HIE for the out of town alumni (and some of us locals who wanted to continue our partying into the night). The staff at the HIE could not have given us better service. From our informal gathering on Thursday evening to the final check-out on Monday they graciously agreed to our every request. In addition to the guest rooms, we had a large meeting room available to us for the entire weekend for a very modest cost. Luckily for our group (68 year old graduates of an at-the-time all boys boarding school and various wives and significant others) a bar/lounge is located directly across the street from the hotel. The included hot breakfasts were suprisingly good for a budget hotel. Guest rooms were generally typical for newer HIE properties, with a large shower rather than a tub, and comfortable beds and chairs, etc.

The hotel allowed us to put up large banners announcing our reunion/homecoming and no one ever complained about the noise and commotion we generated. But how much noise can a bunch of old guys make?

The front desk was very helpful in arranging the reservations for our class at a group rate, and in trying to keep us somewhat segregated in the same section of the property. While I didn't use the indoor pool, it looked very nice, with a separate whirlpool tub and adequate seating.

In all, we agreed that this property would probably serve as the headquarters for our future gatherings.

Room Tip: The location just off Interstate 80, and the proximity of restaurants and lounges in the immediate a...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Everything about my stay was very good including a hearty breakfast. The one thing that impressed me was the call I received from housekeeping that I left my note pad in the room. It's rare that a hotel cares enough to call and for that reason I am rating this hotel a 5!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Stayed here with my husband and our puppy so we could experience Starved Rock for our anniversary. The hotel itself is very nice, and the hotel and pool were very clean. The only problem we had was that the reservations that I'd made through the Holiday Inn 800 number were not correct. I asked them to book us a suite with a Jacuzzi tub for two nights and it turns out we were booked for a King Suite, no Jacuzzi. When we checked in the first night they had a Jacuzzi room available but the second night it was booked so we were asked to switch rooms, which I found very irritating, especially having to brake down a puppy crate and move it and all our clothes and luggage down one floor on Saturday morning when we planned to be at the park. Overall though the hotel staff was very helpful. I spoke with the girl at the front desk (didn't catch her name but she was very helpful) and she was able to give us a discount for the second night which was good because we were about to pack up and leave.I would stay again but I suggest calling the hotel directly to book and avoiding the 800 number.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We were totally pleased with the hotel. It was clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful, and access was easy. Ample restaurant choices nearby. Breakfast was typical--if you really want a good breakfast go to a restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peru
0.8 km away
12.5 km away
Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center
24.2 km away
Hampton Inn Ottawa Starved Rock Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru? Share your experiences!