New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Quincy
Burlington, Iowa
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

The staff were friendly and accomodating. The continental breakfast was excellent and the rooms were clean and adequate for most needs.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Regina, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in late December. Person at front desk was courteous and very friendly. Room was clean and quiet.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Kilbourne, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

We stayed here for a company christmas party. The facility is very clean, the breakfast very good. The girl working the front desk was very personable at check in and was there at check out and asked about our evening the night before etc. We did have a major problem with the toilet flushing approriately in our room. My husband used the public restroom in the main lobby and it also wasn't flushing appropriately and had not been for some time. There is obviously a septic/sewer issue. Parking lot is very small, but within just a few steps from the civic center and a few blocks from down town.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ZOEYDOG123
Hampton, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

We really enjoyed our stay. Both front desk and housekeeping staff were very friendly. The room was nice, breakfast was good and location was convenient - most everything in Quincy is relatively close. I would certainly stay there again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

I'm a business traveler who stays predominately in Hilton properties and I do so because I believe Hilton provides a very good, and most often, a very consistent level of product. I'm a
Diamond level customer, so I stay in Hilton properties many times a year. My experience this week at Hampton Inn, Quincy, IL, was not what I have come to expect from Hampton Inns. My room was booked weeks in advance by our company's travel agent. My profile is very explicit that I want a non-smoking room only. That is always conveyed to the hotel when the reservation is confirmed. When I checked in I ask (as I always do)....Is this a non-smoking room....and the reply from the desk clerks was.."No, we don't have anymore non-smoking rooms available." I reminded the clerk that the non-smoking room was to have been reserved WEEKS ago when the reservation was made. My plea fell on some very young and very deaf ears....he was not about to help me with this problem and told me I would have to talk with the manager the next morning, this was, of course, after spending a miserable night in a smoker's room. The next morning I asked for the manager and was told he didn't come to work until 8:00 AM....so I told the morning desk clerk that I wanted Hampton's 100% guarantee of satisfaction. She tried, without success, to tell me that one reason I got a smoker's room was "because the reservation was made online".....HELLO...that's the way travel agencies make reservations and have been doing so for years. At any rate, she had no choice but to honor Hampton's satisfaction policy.....So..if you have to go to Quincy and you, like me, prefer Hilton properties, you'd better get it in writing that they are going to give you a non-smoking room. Of all the Hampton's I've stayed in, and I've stayed in a lot of them, this was the poorest service I've ever received. Hilton management needs to take a look at this property and make some serious service improvements. I would suggest you avoid this property.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
9 Thank CharlotteTraveler7
Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

This hotel could use a bit of updating, but overall not a bad stay. Several decent restaurants within walking distance, easy in/out on a not too busy street, and quiet at night.

The staff is extremely friendly and seem happy at work, which is a sign of good management.

I'll certainly stay here on my next trip to the Quincy/Hannibal area!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Brian W
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

I was very impressed at how nice the decor was for the price we paid and for a Hampton in general. It carried on to the rooms also. I was very happy staying here and would stay again if the price was good. I liked the area and how close it was to the river and some other places to go for nightlife and dinner. Breakfast was good also.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family