“I Chose Super 8 Rock Falls for an Extended Stay - I Am Pleased I Did”

Super 8 Rock Falls Sterling Area
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Rock Falls
Oak Park, Illinois
“I Chose Super 8 Rock Falls for an Extended Stay - I Am Pleased I Did”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I was very pleased with the facility, management and staff in all areas. In my mind, the "question" is how one communicates, if you are thorough with your circumstances, what competitors may be offering, and what "makes sense" in logical terms.

I found the owner very reasonable and communicative, as were his manager and other desk (night) clerks. The maid service was very good and attended to any "special needs" (which were few).

I am happy to recommend the Super 8 in Rock Falls. They are "people" who care and perhaps this was because I took the time to express interest in them. This was obviously because I was in an "extended stay" arrangement with plans to move into the area (now successfully taken completed), though the "approach" is always a sound one. To use an Accounting/Financial term regarding the approach of strong considerate communication ... always ... "without exception". Thanks to the Super 8 Rock Falls, Owner/Operator Manager and staff. You have been a "key player" on my relocation team and I always appreciate strong, collaborative "team play" in any project. Well done!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kevin H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
chicago, illinois
Reviewed 2 July 2011

I stayed at the Super 8 for 2 nights for my cousin's wedding. From the pictures it seemed to be decent. Unfortunately I was very mistaken. For starters, we had asked before check-in if we were able to have dogs. The desk person said yes there's a $30 fee. Typical of pet fees, was not surprised. When we checked in we had booked a non-smoking room, they however failed to mention to us that pets were only allowed in smoking rooms. I was not pleased right off the bat. We walked to the room (132) and very unpleasant smells were in the hallway (smelled strongly of ammonia, almost thought it was urine for a while). We walked into the room and a look of horror came upon us. The curtains were almost falling down, the chair was stained all over. The desk chair had tape around the legs and supports (refused to sit in it for fear it would collapse on me). The lampshades had stains all over them. The bathtub had hair in it. The sheets had long black hair on them. When we went to the desk to ask for another room, they were unable to change rooms because the hotel was "booked." It doesn't surprise me, when walking through the hallway we saw at least 5 or 6 off market rooms that were piled from floor to celling with crap. We would have stayed at another hotel but the other 2 were sold out as well. I don't want to come across as just some random person complaining about a hotel and not getting exactly what we wanted. That wasn't the case at all. I've worked as a hotel night auditor for almost 10 years. Have stayed in may good AND bad hotels. But this one really takes the cake as one of the worst ones. Please, save your money and stay elsewhere... Super8's have been very pleasant for the most part. Affordable and clean, I'm not picky by any means. But this is just another example of a crappy foreign run hotel...

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank jlyjoe

Travellers are raving about these Rock Falls hotels

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Hotel was great, I recommend it. However, if you book through Hotwire.com, beware the fine print.
Family and I were sick the week we were supposed to show up, and we recovered without visiting a Doctor. Hotwire, in it's contract with the Hotel, WILL NOT REFUND a no show due to sickness as described above. BUYER BEWARE the fine print. I am out around $100 due to the above.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Spring Hill, Florida
Reviewed 19 October 2009

After reading reviews on the website, I was worried about what we would find when we checked into our room for a one week stay at the Super 8 in Rock Falls, IL. We were pleasantly surprised and had a great stay while we visited family and friends. The motel is under new management, has remodeled, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the continental breakfast was adequate to start the day. We were happy with their rates compared to the other two big chain motels in the area, and we will be staying there again in the future.

Travelers from Spring Hill, FL

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
italy
Reviewed 30 March 2009

Do not even consider to sleep here. Add a few bucks and go to another hotel., if there isn't anything available, drive a few miles and stop somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 October 2007

To begin with I have stayed at this motel a few times in the past and I will admit that it had its problems. However, in the past few months I have noticed a tremendous positive impact on service and the overall atmosphere of the place. When I asked the desk clerk if there was anything new going on she told me that they were under new management and that the new owner was already underway with renovations. In the past month i have stayed here 3 times due to family illness and have noticed newly painted rooms and some upgrades in the bathrooms. It seems everytime I go there now there is something new to look for. As for the dirty carpets, I was told by the same desk clerk that the carpet is about to be replaced throughout the whole motel. Overall I have to say the motel is a work in progress but it definately is improving daily, and I can see myself returning for any future trips. The service was great and i felt welcomed from the get go. As for the price, it clearly is the cheapest in town out of the chain motels which was great considering i spent more on a tank of gasoline driving to Rock Falls.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Minnesota
Reviewed 21 August 2007

When we first walked into the room after checking in, it had the terrible smell of a perfumed room spray which indicated a cover-up of the true room smell. After running the air conditioner while we were out of the room, we came back to a room that had a smell of urine. The carpets were so dirty that in a short amount of time, anyone with white socks on, or barefoot, had the bottoms of their feet black. A test by dampening a towel and rubbing it quickly on the carpet confirmed our thoughts. Mold was present in the bathroom and the window. And
smelled as if it was present in the air conditioning unit. Granted the nightly room rate at this location is priced less than hotels nearby, however this hotel offers less in amenities than these other hotels and I believe a customer should still be able to get a clean room and be able to sleep in comfortable conditions, even without the need for a swimming pool or a restaurant on site (other amenities). Our party complained to the staff, but that only produced excuses as to why the rooms were hard to clean due to previous customers. As far as our efforts to move to a different hotel - they were booked. I submitted a complaint to Super 8, their response was this: "This property is independently owned and operated under a Super 8 franchise, and its management is responsible for meeting Super 8 standards."
Yet on the Super 8 website, the following claim is made: "For more than 30 years, Super 8 Motels, Inc., has prided itself on providing clean rooms and friendly service."

I question the amount of pride Super 8 Motels should hold for this location.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
0.2 km away
All Seasons Motel
All Seasons Motel
#4 of 6 in Rock Falls

Been to Super 8 Rock Falls Sterling Area? Share your experiences!