“The customer service was on point......”

Jumers Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Rock Island
Reviewed 3 August 2015

We actually checked out of a brand new hotel in Davenport, Iowa to come here. We were in Iowa for 7 days and checked out after 4 days to stay at Jummer's instead. We were happy we did. I was traveling with my husband and two children. We were in Iowa for a family reunion. The hotel that we originally checked into for 7 days, had bad customer service and hotel management were not on property in the evenings to rectify any issues so we checked out and went to Jummer's. The room was extremely spacious. Two issues that we encountered.......1.) When we checked in early, WAY before check in time, the room was ready, we were happy about that, however, when we got to the room, there was hair on the bathroom floor and it didn't seem that housekeeping had vacuumed the bathroom floor. As I was headed down to the front desk to ask them to change our room, there was a housekeeping attendant in the hallway and I asked if it was customary to vacuum the bathrooms, she said yes and asked if there was problem. I told her my concern and she immediately said not to worry, she would drop what she was doing and come in to fix anything that I needed fixed. I could barely get a word out before she was headed to our room. She came in, and not only vacuumed the bathroom, but re-vacuumed the entire room for us. She was friendly, and acted like it was no imposition at all!
2.) We had our under age children with us. They were not allowed into the Buffet because you have to go through the casino to get to the buffet. Bad planning on the casino's part. If you are there with children, they can't eat at the buffet, money lost for them. They do however, have a cafe they can eat at, outside of the casino floor, and we ate there the first day with our kids and the food was really good. The food servers were wonderful. Very accommodating and great with the kids. Since the kids had really no interest in the buffet, we felt comfortable enough to have our kids eat there separately and we let them eat there by themselves as they are teenagers. We checked in with the server before leaving our kids and she said not to worry, she would take care of their food needs and contact us if anything came up. They treated our children so very well. My kids loved eating there. I kind of felt like a rat leaving my kids to eat there while my husband and I went to the buffet, but since they are older and can behave, I also wanted to give them some time to enjoy feeling independent and the were totally happy.
The pool was great, not a huge pool, but WARM enough to go swimming. I also liked the fact that after 10 pm, the pool area is for adults only! There was security everywhere and it also made us feel safe. The public bathrooms in the common areas were sooooo clean and I constantly saw bathroom attendants cleaning and that was great to see. Also, they have a beverage station in the casino. This was awesome. You can go and get coffee or tea, or soft drinks for yourself any time you want while you're gambling. The only drawback I noticed while I was gambling was that the bar waitresses didn't come around very often. In three days of gambling, I only had one day where someone walked by to ask if anyone needed drinks, and when I say she walked by, she literally flew by before I could look up and flag her down. So, in all it was a good stay, but I probably would have spent more money if I had an adult beverage in my hand and not had to leave the table or slot to go to the bar. Nice hotel though. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 July 2015

This was my second trip to Jumer's. I have a business client located about 5 minutes away so it is very convenient. The hotel is basically a gambling getaway and convention center, but I would also recommend it for a casual stay or business stop over. The rooms are very spacious and the walk in showers could accommodate a basketball team. The morning breakfast buffet in the casino served a great variety and will cook eggs and omelets exactly to order. The only downside is that the slots are about the tightest of any I have seen in either Iowa or Illinois. I burned through my allotment in record time over a variety of machines. Open them up folks!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2015

My husband and I like to go here for a nice getaway. We go when we get a comped or inexpensive room, and like to play the slot machines. The rooms are well appointed and always comfortable. The beds are comfortable, and the bedding has always been nice and fresh. We really like this casino because the whole place is smoke free. We hate going to casinos that allow smoking.

We miss the option of breakfast in the Blue Star Cafe. They had great breakfast. Would like to see that brought back. The buffet is not bad. DJ's Steakhouse is really good!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

Smoke free, loose slot, great friendly staff, pool, lake, area attractions. MAN! You can't beat it. Oh and the food, every type and flavor you can think of. If they don't have it, they'll get it. There are other casinos in the area, but none like Jumer's. It's Vegas without the hassle or travel.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank NickLangenderfer
Reviewed 5 July 2015

Decided we needed a nights get away of fun. The rooms are nice and roomy and when I discovered the tv remote wasn't working and had a light bulb burned out they were quick to replace the items. The beds are very comfortable and the pillows excellent (you may have noticed from some of my other reviews this is a biggie with me). As a side benefit, on Sat nights during the summer they have, at no charge, a oldies band playing on the patio with $6 hotdog, hamburger or chicken sandwich basket. NOTE you do not have to be staying there or even enter the casino to take advantage of this. The only thing that would make this experience better is if their café was opened for breakfast. As it is now you either have to A) have room service, B) get a breakfast sandwich or pastry, or C) have the buffet.

Room Tip: Try for an even numbered room to have a view of the lake and patio. The odd number rooms overlook th...
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2015 via mobile

My husband and I come here about every 6 months. While the rooms are spacious and nice, and the bathrooms are spacious, the cleanliness of the hotel is seemingly going downhill. Could be just that the carpet and such are just aging a bit but the upkeep doesn't seem up to par. This is more apparent in the casino. I used to see people cleaning machines and the casino always looked and smelled very clean. Not at all like that now. In addition, the blackjack dealers all looked unclean and bored - didn't even look you in the eye. We've had some very nice, fun dealers in the past here. Also disappointed that the Players restaurant is not open for breakfast (on a Friday). It's ok and probably just like every other casino if you've not been here before, but it used to stand out above the rest.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dorene G
Reviewed 1 July 2015

My husband and I visited the casino for a couple of hours...won nothing but had a decent time playing slots. Staff was friendly and attentive enough. We went in the late afternoon when there were many seniors there...didn't bother us; they all seemed to be having a nice time. Casino is not big nor extravagant. It's just the right size to navigate without getting lost and decor was stylishly modern. Worth the visit for at least 2 hours of gambling.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
7.6 km away
The Current Iowa, Autograph Collection
11.8 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Bettendorf / Quad Cities

Been to Jumers Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!