“Great deep dish pizza”
Review of Alfano's Pizza

Alfano's Pizza
Ranked #8 of 92 Restaurants in Rock Island
Reviewed March 13, 2017

Not a fancy place by any means, but very good food. I've been getting take out for many years and have never deviated from the deep dish pizza. Always going to try a calzone and I can't quite do it as the deep dish is too good.

My eyes always seem to be bigger than my stomach as we always have leftovers. A ton of toppings, great sauce, great pizza.

One note, there are tables, but it's not really a dine in place.

Reviewed January 6, 2017

I have an affinity for family owned and operated restaurants and I don't think it gets more family than this place. I love the assembly line preparation of pizza that includes generations of family members. My favorite dough is the double dough. It is a little heavier than hand tossed, but isn't deep dish either. Right in the middle which is a great spot to be. Their sauce tastes fresh and well seasoned. Their cheese blend is a perfect compliment to the toppings and sauce. Their Italian sausage is the best I've ever had. My favorite combo is pepperoni, Italian sausage and jalapeños to add some kick. I have only one complaint and I am not sure why it happens because it doesn't seem to happen to others or maybe they know something I don't. We always call ahead and arrive a little later than they say and still have to wait for quite awhile. I sit there and watch people walk in and grab their pies and walk out. Not sure why. With that said, the pizza is so good I don't care! I'm not sure I can say it is the best I've ever had, but it is pretty darn close.

Reviewed January 4, 2017

Great tasting pizza - I just have to remember to order it as "pie cut". This place is an icon in the area.

Reviewed January 2, 2017

Alfano's been around for years and they have some of the best pizza in the area. Their deep pan pizza is the best.

Reviewed December 31, 2016 via mobile

Definitely a Quad Cities Staple food. Been going strong over 45 years! Great family owned Pizza Joint . A Quad Cities original. A real local Jem!

Been to Alfano's Pizza? Share your experiences!