“Wedding reception”

Sam's Ristorante & Pizzeria
Ranked #52 of 395 Restaurants in Rockford
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are located in Northeast Rockford only 1 mile off of Interstate 90. We are close to the ISC/Sportscore II, Carlson Ice Arena, and Rock Valley College. We built with a large parking lot around the entire building and are able to accommodate large groups and banquets but also small family dinners and carryout/delivery service as well.
Reviewed July 15, 2017

We recently had our wedding reception at Sams on Riverside. We could not of asked for a better experience. From the first time we met with Gino till the time our reception finished he could not of been more helpful. He was very accessible every time we called or stopped in with questions. The night of the reception everything went off without a hitch and had many compliments on the food and the venue. The staff during the reception was phenomenal. They attended to all of our needs and I haven't heard one complaint from any of our guests. I would highly recommend them for any function you have. They helped to make our wedding day perfect.

SAMSRistorante6075, Owner at Sam's Ristorante & Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2018

It is hard to believe that it has almost been one year already. Thank you for all your kind words.

Happy anniversary!!!

Gino

Reviewed May 17, 2017

Had eaten at Sam's with large groups and decided to try it as a couple. Waitress was great, then........... When I unwrapped the cheap utensils, there was still food on them. Ordered the Italian beef sandwich, Bread was light and crusty good, however, the contents reminded me of an old Wendy's commercial - "Where's the beef?" My wife ordered the special of the day the portabella ravioli which was a menu item with a slight savings. However the special didn't include the salad that came with the regular meal - hence the savings - no real deal there!

I am sorry for your experience. All our dinner specials come with soup or salad and also ice cream. I am assuming there was some sort of miscommunication with the server. Thank your for the heads up and we will use this review as a training tool with our staff.

Gino

Reviewed March 8, 2017

I was needing to grab dinner before meeting with a client and was driving by Sam's when I decided to stop in. I'm glad I did - they had a lasagna special that night that I decided to try. It was a bit early for the dinner rush, so I ate at the bar. The tortellini soup starter was tasty and the lasagna was really good. The sauce was very flavorful and pasta layers were cooked at just the right amount of firmness. There was a good balance of cheese to the dish as well.

I'm glad I stopped in and will likely stop by again when in the area.

Reviewed January 14, 2017

We hadn't been back to this restaurant in years because the last time we were there, we found a large piece of cellophane in our special salad. But we thought we would try again. This time I found a small bright green piece of rubber (maybe a cheese rind) in the shaker bottle of cheese on the table. We didn't even bother to mention it. The food was so-so, the owner/manager could have been more friendly and we were never offered a desert tray. The "special" salad wasn't, but the tortellini soup was good. The pasta dishes were mediocre. There weren't many customers in the place, but our meal still took over 1 1/2 hours. After we left, we realized that the waitress forgot to offer us the free ice cream that was supposed to come with the meal. They need to pay more attention to detail and service to be rated higher.

Reviewed December 28, 2016

Wonderful meals and pizza available. The Italian Beef was super and their pizza is out of site. Great place to either eat in or carry out. Worth the trip....great service, great food and good price.