“Excellent food, friendly staff. The best meal we've had in a long time.”

Sam's Ristorante & Pizzeria
Ranked #49 of 371 Restaurants in Rockford
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are located in Northeast Rockford only 1 mile off of Interstate 90. We are close to the ISC/Sportscore II, Carlson Ice Arena, and Rock Valley College. We built with a large parking lot around the entire building and are able to accommodate large groups and banquets but also small family dinners and carryout/delivery service as well.
Reviewed November 23, 2017

We stopped in Sam's for dinner last week, and I'm so glad we did. The staff was very friendly, and we were served right away.

We each ordered drinks from the bar, hubby had pino grigios, I had the Italian margarita first, then the Electric Lemonade, and they were both delicious.

Dinner comes with soup or salad, so we both got the chicken tortellini soup, which was excellent. We also received a hot loaf of Italian bread, which was crusty and tender, yummy with butter or dipped in olive oil and parmesan.

For dinner I had the bourbon mushroom chicken, and hubby had the veal saltimbocca, both were amazing. Hubby's eyes were rolling into his head. Usually he gobbles up his food, but he took small bites and ate it very slowly. The portions were big, so we both had leftovers.

We were full, so we got dessert to go. Several hours later, we both shared a tiramisu, and a slice of turtle cheesecake. The tiramisu was very good, but the cheesecake was to. die. for.

I can't believe how reasonable the prices were for such awesome food. A meal like that in Chicago would cost so much more.

While we were eating, I saw a big, juicy Italian beef sandwich smothered in cheese walk by, and it looked awesome. Next time I need one of those, I'll know where to go.

SAMSRistorante6075, Owner at Sam's Ristorante & Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2018

Thank you for all the kind words!!! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2017

My daughter and son-in-law had their wedding reception here on October 14, 2017. What a wonderful event and experience. The food, staff, and décor was absolutely wonderful. I can not tell you how happy everyone was. We had a few last minute changes to seating and the staff was great in making this happen. About every 1/2 hour at least one or two staff members checked with me to ensure everything was fine. Jon was great to work with long distance and followed through on everything and was hands on the evening of the reception. I would recommend Sam's to anyone who wants to be treated like royalty. Gino and Jon and your entire staff that worked our event thank you from the bottom of our hearts. You helped make it an awesome evening.

Trudy Jackson

Thank you for choosing Sam's to be part of your very special day!!

Reviewed September 28, 2017

Went here expecting real food instead it tasted like all they did was microwav everything and the drinks at the bar are all well even though it says "grey goose" pretty sure it's Smirnoff cheap skates.

Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

This is one of our family go-to restaurants. The food is good, especially the pizza and the cheese tortellini. Other food is excellent too. Prices are family-reasonable. It is a family friendly place, with an experienced staff and an on-site owner.

Thank you for your comments. It is always great to hear from our great costomers!!

Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

I called to ask a question about its resturant.com certificate and the guy complained about being to busy to answer and told me to read the certificate and the he used foul language at me then hung up. My family really enjoyed their pizza and we ate a both locations but not anymore.

I am sorry for your experience. I am not sure who you spoke to but we try to make sure every customer is treated with respect and kindness. In the future please let ownership know if you feel you are not being taking care of. Once again sorry for your experience.