“Good Hotel for the Money!”

Red Roof Inn Rockford
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed here as a 1/2 way stop on our trip. The hotel was in a great location and very easy to find. We got to park right in front of our room (which was kind of weird at first). It was very clean. The hotel was cheap and really worth the cost. The Wi-fi was really fast too. It is a perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amusjh
rockfordredroof, Manager at Red Roof Inn Rockford, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us at the Red Roof Inn of Rockford, IL.
We appreciate the time you took to stay your stay with us and others. I will be sharing your comments with our staff as they enjoy hearing from our guests on how they did and how they can impove.

We hope you will again use us for any of your lodging needs when traveling in the Rockford area in the future.

Steve Marsceau

Reviewed 23 December 2011

We got in late and left early, but this hotel was exactly what we needed. The check-in was quick. The room was fine. We could park right in front of our room. The location was convenient. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank DogAgility
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Clean room, good Wi-Fi, fair price. Great place for a business traveller.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank ScottH040
Reviewed 10 October 2011

During my weekly stay Ms. Yolanda is wonderful hostess, with business and friendly personality. Yolanda goes above call of duty to make my stay PERFECT. If you are traveling to or through Rockford Red Roof is perfect place to stay enjoy.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Crandall279
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel because it had gotten surprisingly good reviews. I'm used to staying at 3 or 4 star hotels, but I needed a hotel just for one night and I didn't want to spend much money. I also needed a hotel that had smoking rooms. So the Red Roof Inn fit my needs. the price was great, and the room was decent. It was definitely nothing fancy. It was pretty clean, although I did find a few stray hairs in the bed. The bed was comfy though. The tv didn't have too many channels and the volume in the remote didn't work. It was a fine place to stay for just one night.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NACC99
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Upon arrival at the hotel the price was right for the pocket and the room was very clean and smelled so good. The staff was always pleasant and helpful. Hot coffee was always available 24/7. Ms.Yolanda always greet you with a smile and ready to help. I will definatly be returning to this hotel for future stays. This hotel is one of the best in rockford, Illinois.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank probic2114
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I was taking a weekend trip with a friend of mine to Wausau, Wisconsin for a weekend in October 2011 and stayed overnight at this Red Roof Inn on our way to Wausau. I read the reviews on TripAdvisor, thought they sounded okay. Plus I didn't want to spend too much on the room, but unfortunately most hotels in Rockford were a bit more expensive than I wanted to pay.

Anyway, this Red Roof Inn was acceptable but it wasn't the greatest. The room was clean and quiet, but there were some minor problems we had to deal with. First, the TV remote control did not work and we had to get up and change the channels on the actual cable box. (The channel lineup was pretty limited, so there wasn't a whole lot to choose from.) Second, the mattresses were saggy. We slept all right, but the mattresses could have been better. Third, there was a problem with the drainage in the bathtub when we took showers.

These problems are not major, but we paid about $90 for the room with tax. It really should have been about $10 to $20 cheaper - especially given the fact that there's no breakfast other than hot coffee.

The room was clean and served its purpose, and the staff were friendly and courteous. But the room was just so-so. No frills at all. It could have been a bit cheaper for what it was.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends