1,272 results
All reviews heavenly bed benchmark restaurant close to the airport o'hare airport comfortable hotel downtown chicago business center free shuttle o hare self parking guest rooms business meeting shuttle service fitness center blue line denise starbucks
Reviewed July 13, 2018

I had recently attended a conference at Westin O'Hare and we had a great experience. Top two things I liked best was proximity to airport and proximity to local eateries and convenience stores. On top of that, our room was big enough for two, had a great view, clean and well taken care of. The hotel restaurant was delicious and speedy. The convention space was huge, and A/V was perfect, the attendants were always around checking on things and cleaning up, and the provided lunches were awesome. It's hard to hit everything perfectly for a conference hotel, but they did it! Marquee Show was super!

Room Tip: We had rooms on the north side and still had a great view.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Anjo A, Westin Experience Specialist at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2018

Hello DJMarkbny! Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your recent stay with us, I am very happy that our team provided you with the top knotch service you deserve. The whole team strives to ensure every guest has a true Westin experience which we were able to fulfill. Thank you again and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Rosemont.

Reviewed July 12, 2018

I stayed here during a business trip and had a great experience. Room is a very good size and the staff at the front desk were very nice. Ordered room service for dinner and the food was very good and arrived on time. Would definitely recommend to friends and will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Good afternoon Lisa E! Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay at Westin O'Hare. We are delighted that you had a great experience with us and we are very grateful for the 5 stars. Thank you in advance for recommending the hotel and we hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Be well,
Anjo

Reviewed June 30, 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights for a convention. The room was very good and the hotel was clean. However, the front desk was consistently understaffed all weekend. There was one person at the desk plus the concierge. We also had to ask for maid service twice - a first for us. It is very surprising for a Westin property to overlook these key customer service pieces. Inexplicable.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Katie W, Front Office Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Good evening FloridaFamilyofFive!

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your review of your recent stay. It's our guests' feedback that ensures we our constantly looking at our hotel operations and identifying specific areas of opportunity in delivering exceptional service. I am very sorry we fell short of meeting your expectations on this stay. We do look at our staffing based on both historical demand as well as anticipated needs and truly appreciate your feedback so we can use this for future conventions. I am sorry that you directly had to request housekeeping service during your stay as providing daily service to our guests is our standard practice, unless a guest requests to participate in our Make a Green Choice program.

We do hope when your travels bring you back to the Rosemont area, you keep the Westin O'Hare in mind, as we would like the opportunity to restore some lost faith you may have in our brand. Thank you again for your valued feedback and hope to connect with you again during your future travels!

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

I already visited Westin in New Orleans and in Dubai and both experiences were good, in Dubai it was amazing. I did not feel the same for Westin O’Hare. I was excited that our conference will be in Westin but later on I was kind of deceived. At the reception, the lady that received us was rushing a lot, she did not give us any details: room location, small overview of the hotel facilities... we checked in in 2 minutes. She asked for our credit card. I later on notice that she blocked a huge amount of more than 1000$ from it although the stay was covered by the company. The second day, another lady on the front desk mentioned that it was an error in the hotel system and that she can do nothing about it. I needed that money to do some shopping but sure the lady didn’t care much. The entrance of the hotel is really nice with the small water fountain.
Rooms are not perfectly clean: bed sheets were showing brownish spots, curtains were dirty and the toilet was not crystal clean. Amenities did not include any slippers, head cover, cotton buds... I ordered breakfast to the room: pastries were not fresh and not tasty, the eggs and coffee were tasty. We received only 2 toasts with the 2 breakfast formulas we ordered. Ordering the breakfast to the room was extremely expensive (55$ for 2), extra charges applies. The Starbucks coffee machine in the room is great. Internet connection in the room and meeting rooms are excellent. We ordered packages from Amazon, they charged us 7$ for each package handling even though some were directly sent to our room and not stored in the storage area. A friend left a scarf for me at the front desk, the scarf was lost until we asked them to check the security cameras then it was magically found. The shuttle service to the airport is great and very convenient . The blue line metro is 7 minutes walking distance from the hotel. If you want to visit Chicago (riverwalk or pier), you need an hour with 17 stops to reach by the blue line. Uber can take you for around 37$. You feel that employees at Westin do not smile and are not very welcoming. One waiter at the benchmark restaurant within Westin was a bit rude while serving us: he said he will add a 20% gratuity on the bill because we are a big group (we were 8). He was a bit nervous when we asked him why and he repeated because you are a big group. The mojito cocktail drink was not tasty and the leaves smelled a bit rancid. The grapefruit juice and the beer were good. We ordered many drinks and nothing was offered with the drinks (no nuts, carrots or chips).
When it comes to the conference things are much better, the coffee breaks were very nice: the coffee was very good and all sorts of things were served and a variety of snacks were served during the different coffee breaks: the cup of pop corn with chocolate and nuts was amazing, i liked it a lot.
The go green idea of rewarding Starwood points if we do not clean the room is nice.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Katie W, Front Office Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2018

Good evening RachelRizkallah,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your stay with us. It seems there were several opportunities to improve your experience and I apologize we were unable to provide the flawless service we strive for. I am glad to hear there were several aspects of your stay as well as hotel amenities you did enjoy. We also appreciate you letting us know your conference experience was exceptional as well!

Our guests' feedback is extremely crucial in continuing to look at our hotel operations to ensure we are providing the best service to our guests. Thank you again for your honesty and I do hope you continue to have amazing experiences at Westin Hotels and Resorts as well as keep us in mind when your travels bring you back to Rosemont. We would love to be able to truly wow you and restore some lost faith you may have in our brand.

Be well.

Reviewed June 27, 2018

My story begins with a two-hour check-in June 21, 2018. I arrived at the hotel with a printout from Amex who handled my flight, car rental and hotel stay. Upon handing this document to the reception clerk, I was asked numerous times to provide my identification. After 20 minutes of tinkering away on his keyboard (without offering any explanation), he walked off for what seemed like another 30 minutes. Upon his return, he informed me that my reservation wasn't in the system and there was nothing he could do to assist. Of course, this is ridiculous. He's holding a document that clearly states that a reservation was made and confirmed. The reservation number and hotel stay details are written in b/w text in the formal format from AMEX. When it became obvious that he wasn't going to go the extra mile to sort this out, I contacted AMEX and informed them of what was transpiring. The AMEX agent after finding my reservations asked me about the flight and the rental. I informed him that although our departure had been delayed (weather) and the vehicle pickup was insane due to the number of people in Chicago for graduations, I was tired, but everything with the reservations up until the moment I tried to check-in at the hotel was fine. He stated everything was fine on his end (including the hotel) and that it should be in their system. He put me on hold while trying to sort out this mess. Regrettably, this added another 30-45 minutes to the delay while he looked into this. He finally came back online and stated that this mess with the hotel had been resolved. He went on to say that the hotel was very apologetic over the error. I informed him that I expected something in return for what had become the worst check-in mess in my travel history (which is relatively extensive). He replied to take it up with the hotel management and see what they're prepared to do. I thanked him for his assistance and stepped back into the hotel. I walked up to the reception and stated that according to AMEX, this matter had been resolved. The gentleman I dealt with appeared perplexed whereby another individual from behind the counter (who identified herself as the manager) stated that this error was not a hotel error but either Amex or one other firm who Amex is partnered with (as I understood it). No apology nor the slightest degree of empathy was exhibited for the position I found myself in. It was then stated by the manager that this error would never have occurred if I had booked directly. I asked her what the hotel is prepared to do to offset the inconvenience caused me? Her reply which came as a shock was NOTHING! She didn't feel that it was their error and therefore didn't bear any responsibility for the inconvenience (which is both non-factual and just plain absurd). After parlaying with her, I was able to get her to agree to do something on the daily 30.00 USD parking fee during my visit. The other staff who were manning the reception were far more empathetic to all of this and tried within their limited abilities to appease me. The gentleman who actually booked me in informed me that he had put me in a better room (for which I thanked him). I went outside, parked my car and returned to the counter with my wife who had been watching the luggage outside waiting for me to return all of this time. I informed her of what transpired which threw her for a loop. I returned to the counter with the parking picket (as requested by the reception clerk who handled the check-in). He informed me that I was being provided a special rate on my parking rate (reduced from 30 to 15 dollars per day). My wife then had a discussion with the manager who once again exhibited zero empathy for any of what is described above and dismissed it as not her or the hotels fault. She then came up with a doozy question which at first confused me. You've stayed here before on June 15 or 16 (not sure which day of two she said) which I replied yes, three years ago. She then stated that I had used the same reservation number. I looked at her perplexed and stated the following: My wife and I had visited Chicago 3 years ago for another graduation. We had made the reservation in that instance (not through Amex). She then stated that she wasn't talking about three years ago but JUNE 2018. I told her that she was in error and that the last time we stayed in Chicago was 3 years ago. She stated that I (my name) had stayed at the hotel a week earlier and that the reservation number I had provided had been valid for that stay. Suffice to say I made it clear to her that I was losing my temper with her inference that I was pulling a fast one. I then stated that I find it very hard to believe that Amex or their partner would have provided another (my name) with the same reservation code within a week of my visit. It became evident that the hotel had dropped the ball on this reservation BIG TIME. I won't say we parted amicably, but it was civil. It was very obvious that this manager was a "fire starter" and not (in my personal opinion) a proper manager who professionally handles complex issues. Upon entering the room and using the facilities, we both noticed hairs on the floor and dirt both in and around the toilet. I dismissed this as this had not been our intended room (not that there was one) and assumed it would be clean the next day. Between Thurs to Sunday, the filth remained. I've stayed at Westin's and never had an issue, but now that I have, I'll be striking them off my list of hotels for future visits (anywhere). Adding insult to injury, I just read (now) that breakfast is included with this hotel. If so, they also neglected to mention that to my wife and I. My suggestion for what it's worth is look for other alternatives.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Hello BC,

We really appreciate your honest feedback about your stay and we are absolutely regretful that this was your lasting impression of the Westin O'Hare. I assure you your experience is not representative of the service we provide as we strive to ensure each guests has an exceptional experience. We clearly fell short of this and we thank you for identifying the areas of opportunity we missed in providing a seamless stay.

We do hope you give us another try next time your travels bring you to Rosemont. Please contact me directly for any future reservations as I will ensure you have a flawless experience that exemplifies our Westin standards. My email is Katherine.wedster@westin.com. Please reach out to me directly at any time.

Kindest regards,