“Drinks at the bar”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 86 Restaurants in Rosemont
Price range: US$50 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Balmoral Avenue
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I stop by occasionally after work for a cocktail. The review is only for the bar area. I haven't eaten at this location.

The service is very good. Excellent drink selections. They have blue cheese stuffed olives so I'm set with vodka martinis.

There is ample seating. Wish they had a few more tall tables when I'm with a guest. They serve food in the bar area too so tables are typically taken up by people who are eating.

I dont drive here so I'm not sure where people park but there are valets out front.

It's a great location near the convention center, amphitheatre, fashion mall outlets and tons of hotels. Great place for business meetings.

I'll be back for more drinks...Hopefully have a meal to review in the near future too.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

My sister flew in to care for me during my convalescence after I had major surgery. She is a retired nurse so I was getting the very best care. My husband and I wanted to give her the very best "thank you" dinner before she returned home, and we couldn't think of a more perfect place to treat her. Our server Nicole was personable, professional, attentive and gracious. Sis was worried about the prices when she saw the menu, but after dinner agreed the meal was well worth it. Delicious steaks, salads, lobster bisque, crab and lobster cakes and desserts were off the chain. My husband loved the wine tasting special offered for a really great price. I'm so grateful the meal and service were so special...my sister's retirement budget doesn't include high end eateries...she was very impressed. Thank you with all my heart.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Went here with our oldest friends to celebrate anniversaries, our 49th, their 45th. The hospitality and professionalism of the staff starts when you enter the door. Everyone (without exception) is there to help you, the customer. Ask the lady filling your water glass something, and she does it or goes to your waitress to get it done. Ask anybody where the restrooms are and they don't point and grunt ... they drop what they are doing and lead you to the restrooms.
Our waitress, Carol, was amazing. We brought two btls of wine, but the restaurant was offering a promotion, "The Generous Pour" featuring 10 select wines. For $28/pp you can drink any or all of them and as much as you want. So after drinking our Champagne, we opted for their offer. Good wines, and a couple that were excellent. At the end of the meal Carol told us she was comping the corkage ($25) for the Champagne we brought.
As to the food. The dry aged steaks are great, however I suggest you pass on the 'special' toppings. I had Gorgonzola/Truffle which was a little much and obscured the bone-in Strip. The next time I'll opt for a plain steak, but with Béarnaise on the side. The Kona rub was better. The peppercorn was too much pepper.
A recommendation for the "foie gras creme brûlée" stating "if you love foie gras, you'll love this dish" failed. It was way more creme brûlée than foie gras ... BUT Carol said no problem ... if you don't like it, we'll replace it with a different app.!!!
Here's the topper ... at the end of the meal Carol brings two silver trays. One has "Happy 49th Anniversary" written on it in chocolate and the other had "... 45th". And there were two different desserts on each tray. (NO CHARGE) !!! Who does THAT?
Forgot to mention. When we sat down at the table the white tablecloth was sprinkled with tiny metallic red and gold hearts and there was a "Happy Anniversary" card on the table addressed to us. WOW.
I've been bashing some local restaurants recently, but after this really 1st class treatment i can only recommend the Capital Grille in Rosemont (I assume this professionalism extends across the chain. I is obviously part of their company culture.
Thank you, Carol, and all the staff at the Rosemont Capital Grille. Kudos.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We are familiar with Capital Grille from Miami. It was one of my favorite places to dine there. We are fortunate to now have our own location in Hartford. The atmosphere is consistent and elegant. The presentation and quality of the cuisine is always consistent. Always a great choice when celebrating a special occasion. The baked potato was delicious. The King Crab was sweet and delightful. We requested an infusion of truffle oil in our butter and our server was more than accommodating. Cannot wait to return.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

My parents and I had a wonderful outdoor lunch at this Capital Grille. Our waiter was great, along with all of the customer service. I had a delicious Wagyu burger, and enjoyed my drink as well. It was a very relaxing lunch, and will definitely be returning there.

Been to The Capital Grille? Share your experiences!