“Very disappointed.”

Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 3 July 2017

This is the first (and last) time we will stay at this Hilton property. Check in at 9:30 p.m. was difficult because the front desk is very close to a common area where there was a large party of people who were drinking and so loud that the front desk employee could not hear us with just a counter between us. I asked her if I could use my American Express Hilton gift card toward our stay, she told me no. She said that we could not use gift cards. After arguing with her about it, she said we could ask the person at the front desk when we check out. We were in room 105, which was dated but clean. After being bitten by multiple mosquitos that were in the room, my husband went searching for botled water. As soon as he left the room, two dogs began barking at the door in room 107. Those dogs barked until their owners must have returned at approximately midnight. We later found out that there was also a cat loose in that room, as he would sit in the window looking out. After my husband discovered the vending machine on the first floor was unlocked, open and empty, he went to the front desk to ask the employee with checked in with where other vending machines might be. She told him they were on the 2nd and 3rd floor. Both of those vending machines were unlocked, open and empty. He went back down to the front desk and told the employee who seemed mystified. She said she had no idea why they were like that and even claimed to have not known there was even a vending machine on the first floor. I went to check out at 5:30 a.m. after our two night stay. The person at the front desk must have been the hotel book keeper as the front counter was covered with accounting reports. I presented our room keys and the Amex Hilton gift card and she promptly told me I could not use it. I argued with her again and gave her the card and paperwork from American Express to take a closer look at. She finally said that I could use it, but I would have to leave the gift card with her and I would not get a receipt until after 7:30 p.m. when there would be a front desk employee there. She said didn't know how to do it. Against my better judgment, I left the card with her and left the hotel without a receipt. About 8 a.m. I received an email with a receipt reflecting the gift card reduction. I did not feel that this property accurately reflects what I think of when I think of Hilton.

Room Tip: Ask which rooms there will be pets in.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
TeriDeLee, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Thank you Mosika for sharing your experience with us. Please be assured that we take your concerns very seriously and appreciate you bringing them to our attention. I have responded to you directly from our Hilton Guest Satisfaction Survey to address the issues that you experienced during your stay at our property.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Very Welcoming staff. I have stayed here on 2 separate occasions recently. Both experiences were great from check in to departure. The rooms I had were clean and spacious. Great to work from if you needed to.

Staff was very friendly and able to recommend some places to eat locally. The price was fair compared to other hotels in the area.

I will be back.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Thank you Scott H. We appreciate that you took the time to share your experiences and are looking forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Great place to stay. Will stay there again. Rooms were clean and food was good. Easy access in and out of building. Very clean and quiet. Stayed there for family reunion trip. Was close to park where we needed to be. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2017

We stayed here on a last minute decision after attending a wedding nearby. The price was great and the room was clean, quiet, and the bed was very comfortable! I would recommend this hotel if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2017

The best 3 days. Room quiet, great breakfast fix eggs any way you like. FRIENDLY and Most Helpful Staff. Close (1/2 mi) to a major mall and other major big box stores. Close to major roads with easy access to interstate.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
TeriDeLee, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Thank you U628JNmarkg, I am certainly happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of your return visit soon!

Reviewed 20 June 2017

We stayed at this hotel so we could be close to family graduation party. We had the corner suite with the fireplace. It was a large room and very comfortable. The bathroom was even larger and had excellent lighting and space. The hotel is very clean and classy. The people are extremely friendly in a genuine way. It was nice that you could get a glass of wine from the bar and enjoy the outdoor space. My husband was able to enjoy a cigar out there as well. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
TeriDeLee, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

ChicagoGal64, we appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with us. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us while you were in town visiting family. Please pass our Congratulations along to the recent graduate! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Great consistent service. Very well managed. See KC and you will not be dissatisfied. Great food, very clean and quiet property. Due for an update but very very clean and comfortable regardless. Location is great for Chicago access and for local st. Charles.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

James C, thank you for your feedback and the positive review. We are looking forward to your next visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Charles
6.2 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Geneva

Been to Hilton Garden Inn St. Charles? Share your experiences!