“Why didn't we go here sooner?”

Szechwan Restaurant
Ranked #60 of 192 Restaurants in Saint Charles
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed November 15, 2017

This hidden restaurant is definitely one of the nicer experiences in the area. We had a party of four on a weekend evening so we made reservations. I had never noticed this restaurant as it is upstairs in a building of small storefronts overlooking downtown. It was very nice, modern with clean lines--no dated red vinyl booths, gaudy gold furnishings or dingy cheap decor.
Surprisingly, the place was relatively empty when we arrived. There was a three piece ensemble playing a nice selection of low-key jazz type music, which went well with the peaceful atmosphere. The service was good as was the food. The fortune cookies are optional as you leave.
One unexpected part was the tea. We usually order tea with Chinese food (when in Rome...) but the server brought back a box of about 16 different teas; we all selected our own variety--chamomile, zen, orange, passion. The server returned with four separate pots ready to serve, and each pot held about 20 ounces of tea! I personally poured about six cups of about 4 ounces each from my pot. It was really nice, no refills to wait for and tea to suit each person's mood.
This is a downtown restaurant but parking was easy in a free lot reserved for customers. Overall, this is a very nice and I would gladly return. This is a good place for a business dinner or quiet night out with friends.

Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

I eat at Szechwan every time I am in town. The food is always very good and the prices are reasonable. The lunch buffet has a great selection. I always eat too much here because it is so good.

Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

The food at this place is very hard to beat. I stopped in for the lunch buffet and was not disappointed.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

I love this restaurant. They have the best sweet & sour shrimp, egg rolls and lots or other things. During the week they have a great buffet that is extremely affordable. Everyone should try this restaurant - you won't be disappointed. Its not that visible since it's on the second floor above a yogurt shop but there is a sign and parking near by.

Reviewed June 28, 2017

The atmosphere is great. The food is great and the staff is friendly. It is a little pricey, but this is an upscale dining experience. A+