“Good ”

Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Dorney
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

Stopped for a cuppa and cake after a walk round the garden centre, tea was warm but overall ok, was pretty cold and was looking forward to a hot drink

DCKG-Manager, Manager at Dorney Court Kitchen Garden Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2018

Dear Crums99

We were due an refurb at the end of that month and we have since got a new water boiler so the problem should be all sorted.

Kind Regards
Cafe Manager

Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

We visited here four times I think as we were staying in a self catering cottage near by and it was handy for a cappuccino and cake mid morning.
Loved the gift shop and walled garden, a good place to pick up presents for the dog sitter and the Christmas decorations were so beautiful I could have spent a fortune, though they were keenly priced. Would love to go back in the summer to see the walled garden in full bloom, I think it would be stunning. The cafe is great too, a fabulous orange polenta cake, and my husband had to have one or two sausages every visit! I had fed him breakfast but there you go. They were lovely butchers sausages and good value.
The staff were good too, so thank you for looking after us. Shame we live so far away.

DCKG-Manager, Manager at Dorney Court Kitchen Garden Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

Dear Emily.

Thank you so much for the fantastic review!

We hope to continue giving the amazing service you received.

Have a very Merry Christmas.

Best wishes,

Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

Visit this attraction quite regularly, for the garden centre and only recently had time to take a meal in here. The ambience of the cafe itself is really very good. OK, it’s not necessarily cheap, but it does have a really wonderful atmosphere. Anyway, back to the lunch. We chose the fish chowder (day special) and the fish stew. What can I say, we both tasted each dish and I must admit , although the chowder was pretty good, I had gone for the fish stew which was absolutely delicious. The only let down with the stew was that it only came with a chunk of bread and butter. I think a side of additional vegetables would not have gone amiss. But it terms of taste, it was excellent.
For the garden centre (indoors), it is not massive, but it does have a good sized outside space, with plenty of plants. Although the selection, like most garden centres at this time of year is always disappointing when much of the floor space is given over to Christmassy products. Within the building is also a good sized delicatessen. Sadly, many of the prices inhere can be questionable. £4 for a loaf of bread? Anyone would think they are trying to compete with the Royal Windsor Farm shop only a few miles away on the edge of Old Windsor.

This is an excellent place for friends to meet up and maybe have a meal.

Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

After giving this cafe a great review last year, I visited today (14/11/2017) with work friends and ordered a bacon roll and asked for the fat to be cut off. Whilst the young ladies serving were very polite, it was concerning to hear the female chef asking and winging that she would have to cut off ALL the fat from the bacon. Very poor, especially within earshot of the customer. Unprofessional. The rest of the staff very pleasant.

DCKG-Manager, Manager at Dorney Court Kitchen Garden Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2017

Dear Colin,

I am sorry to hear about this unpleasant experience, the chef will be spoken to regarding this incident.
Please come back again and get a free coffee, we would be pleased to give you a great experience that we all work hard to give.

Reviewed October 24, 2017

Been here many times over the years.
Loved the garden centre and the cafe for lunch, but was a little disappointed this time.
The garden centre looks likes it’s about to shut down, the chicken corner, no chickens, and the run overgrown with weeds.
Very little plants , although October, nothing to temp me.
The shop was over run with commercial Christmas gifts,
We both had lunch, I didn’t finish mine usually super tasty, my husband said his was awful, although it took him a couple of days to tell me as he knows how much I like it.
Come on guys what’s happened This is not a personal slur as I used love coming here.

2  Thank beebeefiona
DCKG-Manager, Manager at Dorney Court Kitchen Garden Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2017

Dear Beebeefiona.

I am very sorry to hear about your experience.
As the build up to Christmas begins we do show case many seasonal items.
And the yard has been cleared in preparation for all our real Christmas trees that are arriving shortly.
We also have Santa arriving this year with real reindeer for the children, in just a few short weeks and need to clear a space for his performance.
In regards to the chicken run unfortunately they had to leave due to the fact that Crocus will be renovating the courtyard this coming year.

Please inform us in the future if you are unhappy with your meals then your complaint can be dealt with immediately.

Regards