See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 13, 2017

Our group has stayed at the L&M a number of times over the years. The previous management was very friendly to traveling motorcyclists, even offering a free refreshment to clients at check-in. The new owners now require a deposit on a credit card immediately when making a reservation. We arrived this past weekend with our group to find a desk clerk, who I assumed was the owner, that had a hard time with the English language. I was not offered a complementary beverage at check in and the room rate had increased from our last stay. Our room was small, but acceptable, other than the bed was very noisy and the mattress had seen better days. There was bird feces all over the chairs outside of the room and something was growing on one of the chairs. We had over 20 in our group and reserved all of our rooms for two nights. After the first night, none of the rooms were serviced at all. No new towels, beds not made, no trash removed, etc. Other repeat customers also expressed their displeasure with the new management and vowed to stay somewhere else next year. I believe that I will take their advice.

Room tip: Try somewhere else.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Curly H
Reviewed October 5, 2016

Their website states "Pets Welcome" but actually they are not anymore. We were informed that they had problems in the past with pets in the rooms and that our dog (medium sized terrier mix) was not welcome. So we stayed at the Savanna Inn and Suites with our pet!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2016 via mobile

Hotel isn't full of bells and whistles. It's is an older motel. Clean and a place to lay your head. Does cater to the motorcycle crowd. Which is why we was there. Shuttle to Poopys and other local bars. I'd stay again.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Cory K
Reviewed November 22, 2015

Oct. 11. Rather expensive at about a100$ for two I thought, but very nice. Biker place. Clean period rooms with a theme, an upper floor, and partially smoking allowed. I stole the coffee from the vacated neighboring room in the morning since my friend can't do without. Lots of funny and interesting deco on the grounds, and funny wallpaper on the loo. Loads of different places to sit (not only there). Curtis welcomes you with his two small, curious dogs. Covered parking, under awnings, for the bikes. Great spot right across the driveway under a tree on the lawn where people can make a fire in a basket/ pit, and sit around, to sing to a guitar, maybe. Offers free soft drinks, even beer apparently, and also a shuttle service (none of which we used) - to Poopy's, for instance. Very nice owner, very individual, very nice place. Too bad I had had to return the Indian in Chicago…Next time!

Date of stay: October 2015
1  Thank Muddleowl
Reviewed October 16, 2015

$100 for the room shown above...the desk attendant was actually quite rude when I asked if they had a senior rate. A "take it or leave it" attitude. We climbed rickety, weathered, outside steps that were uneven and had wobbly bannisters. The room was clean, but like any old motel, not soundproof in any way. We heard the television next door, people in the parking lot, and travelers shouting to one another as they were going up and down the steps and past our room. I would not go back there again unless desperate.

Room tip: Don't get a room on the second floor if you're concerned about steps! I felt like my safety was jeopardized just going up and down.
Date of stay: October 2015