“Yummy!! I'll be back! ”

Global Gyros World Street Food
Ranked #183 of 375 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Reviewed January 16, 2018 via mobile

I tried this place last week and will definitely be coming back. I ordered the bowl with chicken shawarma with saffron rice, cous cous, cilantro hummus, lettuce, cilantro with onions, cabbage and tzatziki sauce. I also got the Greek fries. Everything was so good! Ordering is set up a lot like Chipotle, where you order at the end and then slide on down the as they create your delicious food! I was happy with the portion size and quality of my food for sure

Reviewed January 13, 2018

...more new age food for the inexperienced. Don't get me wrong, the food was good, the service was outstanding. (They just opened up) They are busy due to two things. They fly the Global flag, which brings in all of the children. They don't eat much, and they don't car what it costs because they have no financial responsibility or perspective. The food is....unique. It's also hot, the ingredients fresh. The taste was, okay I guess. The portion was small. the cost was high for what you get. They have a high dollar location, which contributes to the high cost. They'll be busy, and I'm sure they'll do well, for a while. But "Global", "World" and "Street" food monikers just don't do it when it comes down to eats!
You have to eat two to three meals a day. If you decide to eat out, fast food or not, you should get the three big ones. Portion, Taste and Value. This place was lacking all three. On par with Portillo's price wise, but not on taste or portion. But...it is unique, so it will be the latest trend for a while. I'm just not a "New Age" guy.

1  Thank vanishingpoint1
Reviewed January 13, 2018

Wanted a good gyros. Thought this would do it. Walked in to place order. Real difficult to order could hear the staff behind the glass. I don’t understand what all the hoopla is about ordering a sandwich. Why it has to be such a challenge first you tell the staff what type of gyros than they pass it on to the next person that you tell what kind of meat then it gets passed on to th next person for toppings. By this time your food is at best Luke warm. Then you get to passed to someone else to order your drink and French fries then you pay. When you to a local hotdog stand you order your sandwich and like magic it is there hot and tasty. My sandwich didn’t have much taste. The Greek French fries were good and warm. I doubt if I would go back. Priced a little high.