Hubby and I live in the Chicagoland area and are very familiar with Schaumburg. We stayed here over a birthday weekend getaway, and are glad we did. We would recommend this to anyone planning to spend time in/around Woodfield.
1) the decor is delightfully modern throughout the hotel
2) We booked a room with breakfast included, and the breakfast buffet was delicious.
3) really can't beat the location. Woodfield, and all its shops and restaurants, are immediately across the street. Easily accessible from both 90 and 290/53.
4) free shuttles to the mall area and back.
5) king room is spacious (but see note about this below)
6) free parking, which if you're familiar with how much downtown hotels charge, this is a very good thing
7) super late check out time- 2pm!
8) restaurant and Starbucks-esque coffee bar are a nice touch.
1) this is a biggie. The water from the bathroom sink is murky. Not "cloudy," but murky. We even tried running the water a little bit to see if it cleared up. Nope. If you fill a glass with water and let it stand, it will clear up, until you see the film forming on the surface. Gross! We didn't complain about it, since we didn't encounter it until late in the evening.
2) For as big as our room was, we found the bathroom to be lacking. You have to wedge yourself between the toilet and sink to close the door. We feel a little space could have been taken from the mainroom and added to the bathroom.
3) the decor in the bathroom is lacking. I appreciate the attempt at modern decor, but it falls short. The pebble countertop clashes, and they seemed to have reused the tired white tiles that originally came with the hotel.
1) there is no fridge in the room. You would think with all the great restaurants surrounding this place that they might have them... But no. The front desk was happy to stow our shopping bag of maggianos leftovers in the hotel kitchens. Bring a cooler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the incomparable service you deserve at Hyatt Regency Woodfield. Superbly positioned to offer easy access to downtown Chicago, O’Hare, local businesses and area attractions, our exceptional hotel in Schaumburg is dedicated to ensuring a remarkable stay from start to finish. Great restaurants, deluxe amenities and unparalleled attention to detail add the finishing touches that make us the outstanding choice among Schaumburg, Illinois hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago Hotel Schaumburg
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Schaumburg
- Hyatt Schaumburg
- Hyatt Regency Woodfield Schaumburg Il