“Best Fast Food in the US”
Review of Culver's

Culver's
Ranked #3 of 10 Quick Bites in Schaumburg
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

Whenever I visit the U.S., specifically the Midwest, I must visit Culver's. Fresh and delicious, it is head and shoulders above any other 'fast food'. The incredible selection with fish sandwich, tuna melt, butter burgers, pork tenderloin, crinkle cut fries, cheese curds, soups, and oh, yeah, CUSTARD. Pick up the monthly frozen custard flavor schedule to find the best day for your visit.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank GaoAnTian

Reviewed April 20, 2017

My mother is 97 years old and has never liked fish. But she'll make an exception for a North Atlantic cod sandwich from Culver's. As part of my more fish/less meat diet, I second her motion that Culver's North Atlantic cod sandwich is as good as it gets, better than any other fish sandwich you'll find in the fast-food market, hand-battered, golden fried, tender and flaky with chopped lettuce, grated cheese and tartar sauce on a soft bread roll. For that matter, Culver's Northwoods walleye sandwich is a winner, too. They were part of our order at a recent gathering of friends at the Culver's location at 1410 East Algonquin Road in Schaumburg near the busy I-290/355 corridor. We also sampled butterburgers, crinkle cut fries, Wisconsin cheese curds and several flavors of frozen custard, all one-of-a-kind items you won't find on other menus. And I couldn't resist a basket of butterfly jumbo shrimp, something else you won't find elsewhere. The more times I have frozen custard and butterburgers at Culver's, the more I realize how special and unique they are, compared to ordinary ice cream and traditional hamburgers. Frozen custard is creamier, denser and richer than ice cream while butterburgers are made from three prized cuts of beef, always fresh and never frozen. You can tell the difference from the first bite. And the Culver's in Schaumburg deserves special merit for its friendliness and cleanliness. I got the impression that they like what they're doing and take great pride in their products.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Taylor B
Reviewed March 11, 2017

We'd heard ads talking about how their cod fish dishes are made from wild-caught North Atlantic cod, then hand-battered and golden fried at each restaurant, so we decided to try it. While $5.19 for a fish sandwich is more than other fast-food places, it really was tasty. The batter reminded me of tempura, and the fish loin was tender and flaky. It's served on a soft bread roll, with chopped lettuce, grated cheese, and a tartar-like sauce. They top it with a pickle slice. I think most people would enjoy having more than one small pickle piece, and next time I'll know to ask for it. Their fries were also nice and crispy. Oddly, they serve their fish sandwiches in baskets with plastic knives, but a spoon or fork would've been appreciated, to pick up the various pieces of lettuce and cheese and fish that fall out of the bun. (We saw extra napkins and straws near the condiment and beverage area, but no other utensils.)

FYI, we haven't been to many other Culver's and don't know if it's typical, but compared to other "fast food" chain restaurants during a noon-time lunch hour, the atmosphere was calm and fairly quiet, with few young children present.

Date of visit: March 2017
2  Thank sellbuy1234567
Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

We stop at this Culver's when we are traveling due to its close proximity to I-290/355. Every time we stop here we are impressed by the friendly nature of all the employees, the cleanliness of the restaurant (including the bathrooms) and the quality of the food. The management team is clearly doing something right at this Culver's.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed May 21, 2016 via mobile

I love the cod fish sandwich at culvers it is now my favorite sandwich even though I don't like fish. Weird I know but true. It looked good on the menu some how and it was like calling my name. To top it off the shake and concrete mixers are just crazy delicious.

Date of visit: May 2016