“Pretty much the same as what you've read so far....”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago - Schaumburg
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Pros:
People are super friendly and go out of their way to make things work for you.
Price is good.
It's better than sleeping outside or in some other hotels/motels for the price.
Breakfast buffet is good.
Close to a lot of restaurants and shopping if that's what you're there for.

Cons:
Really needs updating and is not worthy of the name Doubletree compared to some of the other Doubletree's that I have stayed at.
No Raisin Bran cereal?!?
Forced air heater units can be loud and wake you up at night.
See picture about mysterious substance on door. How does housekeeping not see and fix this?
I asked for a foam pillow and ended up with 9 pillows in my room. One day they were all over the bed and the next day... see picture below.
Pillows were not very good.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 October 2011

This is a typical business class hotel, but it is a nice one. With Hilton Honors membership, there was free internet and breakfast. The room was spacious, clean and well lighted. The hotel staff was far quicker than most to notice the preferences listed on my profile. The hotel has a large on-site restaurant and a small bar, both of which are open late and serve breakfast. There is a fitness room, though I was unable to use it. Parking is ample, though the lot on the left as you pull in is far more convenient than the others.

The room was quiet and comfortable, though the TV signal is analog even thought it's a digital set (ugh). The room HVAC was able to maintain a consistent and comfortable temp.

Although convenient to local shopping and restaurants, none are walk-able unless it's a nice day and you normally take long walks. Best to rent a car or drive your own since there is no public transportation. The hotel does operate a shuttle, though not to the airport.

Room Tip: Choice of room really shouldn't matter. It only has 5 floors, and the area is quite. On approac...
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Booked five rooms for self and coworkers. We all wished we would have stayed at any one of the other hotels that are within a couple of blocks of this one. We had quite a bit of rain over the couple of days and one of our group who was staying on the top floor had dripping water on her bed the first night. She called down and switched rooms to a room two down from her room. The next night the other room dripped water even more. On the upside, the hotel manager was very nice and didn't charge her for the stay. He sincerely apologized to us and did say that they recently purchased the hotel and plann to do some major renovations. But for now, the hotel had an old sub par feeling to it. However the breakfast buffet was good with omelettes and other good things to choose from. The lounge bar is unimpreesively small with four stools and tucked way in the back of the hotel. I would not stay here again unless it is renovated.

Room Tip: Don't stay on top floor
Reviewed 18 October 2011

This was a run of the mill hotel, no real perks, i.e no free breakfast, not fridge or micro, NO JACUZZI, no free wi-fi in room but it is in the lobby, and no real lobby, just a couple of seats and a large dining area. The rooms were not bad pretty typical and clean. The only issue I had really was when I checked into my room the room service tray was still sitting outside the door and stayed there until I moved it further down the hallway well into the night. The price was in line with what the hotel offered, although you can pay about $10-$15 more and get more. Front desk was pretty friendly. Wonderful bed.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Mediocre hotel, probaly on the lower end of what I have experienced at Doubletree hotels. Unlike the Doubletree in Skokie, which I also stayed at recently and which is much nicer.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2011

The DoubleTree in Schaumburg is a nice, average, full service hotel. It is in a great location, within a 1/2 mile of Woodfield Mall and all that area has to offer. The lobby area is quite small and kind of dark - not overwhelmingly "welcomming" but the front desk staff was very professional and polite at all times. The rooms are a decent size and offer all the amenities and upgrades you would expect of a Hilton hotel including flat panel TV's and contemporary decors. The rooms were clean and seemed to be well maintained. My only criticism of the room was the bathroom needed more light - especially in the shower area.

The hotel has a nice fitness center (looked new) and a pool, but no hot tub...very dissapointing and odd for a hotel in this type of high end corporate localle.

I did enjoy room service for breakfast, however, was not impressed by the food or the service. I had to guide the employee through the order process to ensure I received my correct order with all of my choices - which they ended up getting wrong any way. The food, again, was nothing special, but the prices were very reasonable (even for room service).

Overall, this is a good average hotel that just needs some work on the details. My advice, skip their food service all together.

Reviewed 18 September 2011

I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting anything great. But as the subject says, I was pleasantly surprised. My boyfriend and I wanted a weekend away and we're on a tight budget, so we decided to just stay in the hotel for most of the time, occasionally leaving to eat. The room was pretty clean, aside from a few stains on the curtains. We assumed there would be a DVD player, so we brought some movies along, but we were wrong. We ended up finding things to watch on the few channels available, so it worked out. We didn't partake in breakfast because we both prefer to sleep in, but we did order room service one night. The food was pretty good. Again, I wasn't expecting much but it was flavorful and filling. The bathroom was nicely decorated with plenty of counter space for all my get-ready items. Good water pressure in the shower. The floor was quiet all night. I slept okay, but that has nothing to do with the hotel or the bed. The bed was incredibly comfortable and warm. I just have a hard time sleeping in a bed other than my own.

Overall, it was a great weekend, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple