See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I've used Motel 6 for a lot of my travels, and this stay was very similar to the rest. Good, clean room. Nothing special, just a bed, bathroom, TV. It's cheap, and I got the shower and sleep I needed after a long day of travel from Europe. Even the nearby planes from the airport could not stop me from sleeping. Although irritating, they weren't frequent, and not so loud that it would be a bother on a normal night for me, although I could see it being so for some.
There were minor difficulties that kept this from being a 5 star review. The bed was rather small for a Queen, and it was me, my 2 year old and my wife. With no crib with us, and none in the hotel, we expected to have him sleep between us. It was rather cramped.
Our kid likes to take baths, and play in the water. Well, the stopper for the tub wasn't working, so we had to shower with him instead.
When checking in, I was told we were getting a handicapped accessible room. The bed would be even smaller, and no tub. After telling the lady at the desk that I'd been traveling from Europe, she "found" a cancellation. I guess that's a plus and minus, although some poor guy will only think of it as a minus.
Overall a good stay.

Room Tip: Queen isn't really a Queen. I'd pick a double and put the kid in the other bed if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank paxman356
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I'm gonna skip the wordy cliche review, and do a pro/con list.

Pros:
-Room was 42.99 for 2 people with 2 beds. The room was clean, and recently updated to the new motel 6 "euro chic" look.
-The staff was ok.
-Parking is plentifull, even though the place was almost full when I checked in.
-Beds were comfortable, sheets were clean.

Cons:
- Screaming kids/people running around at all hours of the night.
- Police cars were in the parking lot, and uniformed police officers on walkie-talkies were walking around the next morning. I do not know what was happening.
- Prostitutes were there, regardless of what the staff said. (men coming in and out of a few rooms, escorted in by "strange women", who also loitered around looking for Johns)

This place may boast a decent room at an agreeable price, but the clientel of the motel made me feel unsafe, and the screaming and yelling kept me up and worsened my bad feeling. I would not recomend this motel to women traveling alone, family, or anyone who can afford to pay $20.00 extra to go find somewhere more safe to stay.

Room Tip: ask for the newly updated rooms, which have new bedding, new furnishings, and are very well decorated for a motel 6.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank thisguyistoofly
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Felt safe. Room was clean, however money I saved on room, I spent on cab to get to O'Hare. ($20) Next time, would stay at classier hotel with free airport shuttle.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, ask for a room toward the back (3rd building), top (2nd) floor for most quiet. You won't hear the road noise, just the planes in landing pattern overhead from 6 am - midnight.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank DebM2953
Reviewed June 14, 2011

ok..i travel...often,and stay in lots of hotels,my usual is a days inn,but motel 6 is usually acceptable . booked a room with fridge and microwave,they lost the reservation,rebooked the reservation and had corporate reservations call to make sure the micro and fridge were to be here , showed up,nothing , no manager,no help, room cleanliness......stop reading here if you get grossed out easily.............. found p***c hairs in the tub,and on the coffee table , a broken battery cover on the floor , overall , looks like no one cleaned anything......called motel 6 corporate that night, still no manager.... the manager finally did call me from home,and comp'd one nights room , if i wasnt leaving tomorrow,id go book somewhere else,,,,,, im not sure what going on here,but i wont be back ito this motel 6 if its a free room,and they pay me to stay,once is enuff.....and by the way---there are 2 whole rooms that have microwave and fridge,1 room is down for maintenence..... ya gotta wonder

Room Tip: run forrest run!!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Ron_in_ct
Reviewed March 30, 2011

The place was cheap, but I'll never do that mistake again. The rooms were dirty and disgusting. Toilet seat was like in public restroom - you could not close it. Sheets were dirty, blankets extremely old, with holes, dirt and hair in it. There were vomits in the clogged sink. After one night the maintenance unclogged it, but no one bothered to clean the disgusting sink.
The stay in this place spoiled our whole stay in Chicago, and is more memorable than the whole trip. I regret I did't change the hotel. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family