“Best I've Had on Southside...”

Primal Cut Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Primal Cut Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 156 Restaurants in Tinley Park
Reviewed June 25, 2018

A friend recommended Primal Cut because we felt like steak and wanted something good. First let me say, service was wonderful. Friendly, from the minute we walked in up to and including the hostess thanking us for coming in when we left. I started with the crab bisque, it was probably the only thing I didn't like. It had enough crab in it, but the alcohol that they put in it was overpowering. We both had ribeyes and they were tender and cooked perfectly. I also had a side of the sauteed spinach that was excellent. Cooked perfectly. The ambiance is very nice, quiet, romantic if that's what you want. Also ok for families. Higher end for sure, (especially for the south suburbs) but very casual dress code (I didn't feel out of place wearing shorts). It was $80 for the two of us, one beer included. I would for sure go back again and recommend it. So much easier than going downtown to get a great steak.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

Went to try Primal Cut for the first time. It was wonderful. It is a steak house, but their menu has a nice blend of other offerings also. Started the dinner with a Smokey Cadillac Margarita. It was fantastic! Easily one of the best Margaritas I have ever had.

The house salad with blue cheese was very good. Then the presentation of dinner came. We tried the Filet, Ribeye, Brussel Sprouts, and The Lobster Mac & Cheese with smoked Gouda. The steaks were cooked perfectly. Extremely tender and bursting with flavor. I preferred the Filet, but the Ribeye was equally as good. The Brussel Spouts were very good, but undercooked. The Lobster Mac & Cheese was just outstanding! A large portion so easy to share or just keep it for yourself.

Everything about the dinner was excellent from the bread to the dessert. The atmosphere is Contemporary with warm materials and an upscale feel for an upscale dinning experience. We chose to dine in a large cozy booth in the bar and enjoyed it very much. The service was as excellent as the meal. Informative, prompt and friendly waiter and great water service.

Feel free to reserve a table at this upscale restaurant for an excellent upscale dining experience. Primal Cut Steakhouse will not disappoint.

Reviewed June 9, 2018

hostess was the best wait staff were attentive but forgetful the primal cut beef vegetable soup was so good and the filet was the very best I have had. just happened to go when house wine was $3 a glass generous pour and very good. They did not rush us whatsoever and every table was full

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

We both had the fillet and I added a lobster tail to mine. Overall the steaks were good but not exceptional and the lobster tail was awful. The lobster was chewy and tough, and cold when it arrived at the table. The mashed potatoes were also cold when they arrived at the table, and both steaks were not prepared as we had requested. We asked for medium well and they were prepared as medium. We were also disappointed regarding the menu online at the restaurant's website because it was not accurate. I had my heart set on Keylime pie which was on the online menu but was not available on the night we were there. The service was also very poor. We barely saw the waitress at our table. In addition we sat in the seats along the middle wall with one side being a bench seat, which I definitely would not recommend. The seats on the wall towards the bar area would be much better. The wine was good. The hostess was also not particularly friendly, and seemed preoccupied with talking with a coworker. Overall definitely not worth the price.

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

Ok we were here yesterday for the Irish parade and the opening of there new Bloody Mary and mimosas bar it was amazing the best I’ve ever seen all sorts of grilled vegetables shrimp , fresh fruit house made mixes amazing. Had a great $10.00 steak sandwich and bowl of crab bisque. Omg be sure to save reform dessert cheesecake simply the best ever, staff was very friendly and had great service. Can’t wait to come back !!!!!