“Summer memories”

Plush Horse Ice Cream Shoppe
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Tinley Park
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

This is a summer staple for my friends and I. After visiting saganashkee slough for sunset watching we finish off the evening with a short trip to the plush horse. It's a great place to go no matter your age and the ice cream is good and quite a steal! Every flavor is a good flavor and I can't even pick a favorite! The only problem is that everyone knows how great this ice cream place is so it's got lines out the door every night. That's not much a problem though because we've all got time to spare and the wait isn't too bad, especially since you'll need that time to pick which flavor to order! The staff also to a really fantastic job to make sure everyone keeps moving and the crowds don't become too big, so I applaud them for that and being incredibly kind during such a rush at night! During the day, the waits usually aren't too long so if you want to get in and out then go in the afternoon. For parking, don't even try looking for a spot in the lot behind the store since most of the time it's filled in the evenings. Try finding a spot along the street or along the park across from the store. There are plenty of tables indoors and outdoors and benches at the park across the street. The decorations indoors are very quaint and reminiscent of old ice cream parlors, which is very cute in my opinion. Overall, it's a great place to grab a sweet treat and I promise you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Abbycundiff

Reviewed 10 July 2017

My entire family come to town on the 1st or 2nd week of July every year. This was the 1st year we went to the Plush horse for ice cream. We will make sure we return every year. Awesome ice cream and they have service down pat.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Notice I didn't say ice cream shop. Sure the original Plush Horse does date back to the early 20th century, but the Tinley shop is in a modern strip mall. Don't let that deter you. It's about the ice cream. They make it all, in a mouthwatering array of colors and flavors and types. This ice cream has a very high butter cream content, higher than that in whipping cream!
It is so good....

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

Every thing we had was excellent.the shoppe was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful.it was a very enjoyable experience

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

There's no better place for dessert than Plush Horse! When I have a sweet tooth I get the brownie sundae, it's huge!!!! It takes me a week to finish! The pistachio ice cream is so good and always so fresh. Pay attention to the sizes!