“One night Stay”
Review of Red Roof Inn Troy

Red Roof Inn Troy
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Clean room, efficent front desk help, Quite. Walking distance to set down food.

Room Tip: King bed on ground floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Our trip from Michigan to Florida we stopped at the Red Roof Inn. We seen it right off the highway and needed to stop for the night. It's a newer Red Roof not the old 70's style it has the indoor corridoors three floors with an elevator. One thing that caught my eye in the lobby is the floor it's a very nice tile floor that shines. The lobby also had plaques from corp. of their achievements hanging up by the check in counter (nice touch). They have a small simple breakfast cereal, bagels, toast, hard boiled eggs, coffee, apples, organges, and juice. Also included in the frills of the hotel are free wi-fi, indoor pool and hot tub, exercise room, and a coputer room where I was able to print out some of my work. My husband and I stayed in a king room I believe the room type was a superior king. In the room it had a spacious desk for my laptop and papers to be sprawled out on. I'm not very organized with my paper work and it had enough room :) . Also had a microwave and fridge in it for my meds and snacks. The TV was a new flat screen HD TV that had an extensive cable package I believe over 200 channels I had to turn the TV off on my husband to make him go to bed like a kid :). The staff members at this location are very nice and have the will do attitude. The night guy is certainly one of a kind funny and very knowledgeable. There are a few resturants in the area in walking distance there is good ol' Cracker Barrel, Taco Bell, and a Mexican place. I would say this Red Roof is one of the nicer ones.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank randy f
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We were processed in and out quite well. There has been road construction in the area for a long time but it is not that hard to get to the location. We eat at the fast food places in the area some and use this location as a starting point for various activities and other restaurants.

Room Tip: There is a computer near the pool. Breakfast has the usual cereal, juice, coffee, tea, bagels, toast...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Don P
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Each year we attend an event nearby and spend the night at a hotel so we don't have to drive home late at night. We have always stayed at another facility next door which was very enjoyable but the Red Roof Inn was about $35 a night cheaper so we thought we'd give it a try. We were very pleased. The hotel was very clean and the staff were quite pleasant. The pool is small, 3 1/2 feet deep all across but certainly enjoyable for kids. The hot tub was also small (comfortable for 4-5 adults) and older but also very clean. We had a K NS and we had plenty of room. It had the older style TV and the typical motel/hotel furnishings but was very quiet and comfortable. The shower head was nice and the sink area was separate from the shower/toilet area which I like. Our room also came with a mini fridge and microwave. We didn't eat breakfast so can't comment on that. The only negative - the towels were thin and scratchy, as was the toilet paper. But for the price - a great value and nice night's sleep.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Of all the hotels I have stayed at in years of business travel, this will be one of my favorites for a long time to come. First, upon entry I noticed that the floor in the lobby area was so clean and shiny, it had a pristine appearance to it that I have not seen in enough lodging facilities. The desk agent, May or Margaret maybe...cannot remember the name. But was extremely helpful for finding a local bar, close to the hotel so I did not have to drive home. The room was cleaned to perfection, and I had not trouble settling in with the help of a very friendly staff who was willing to assist with every thing I brought for a very stressful trip. The attendant over the midnight shift even had a cup of coffee and chatted with me before he left the next day. A charming place, and I will search for reasons to do more business in the St. Louis area just to come back to this inn. Top notch establishment.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This was our first hotel stop on our 10 day motorcycle journey from Oklahoma to Canada. We randomly selected this hotel because we wanted to be past the St. Louis, MO area to avoid rush hour traffic the next morning. The hotel was about 20 miles from St. Louis so if you are touring the St. Louis area this would be a good area to stay. You are close enough to day tour but in a smaller town area to get away in the evenings. The staff was nice, room was clean and we enjoyed the free breakfast. This was a good value for the money we spent.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oknhere
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We were traveling thru saint louis and found the Red Roof Inn right off Higway 55/70. The lady that checked us in was very nice. She even gave us a call when we got to the room to make sure everything wa ok in the room. We told her the room wa spotless. Accually the entire hotel was very clean. After we checked in we went to the pool & hot tub. Both were just the right temp and had crystal clear water. When we got back to the room we discovered the water pressure in the shower was propable the best we have ever had in any hotel. The shower had numerous settings which we also found unusual for a hotel. The kids love the fact that there was over 200 tv channels and they had HD channels. Breakfast was ok enought to get the day started. With out a doubt we plan on staying at the Red Roof on our way home in 2 weeks.

Room Tip: cracker barrel right next to hotel
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank islasant
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
137.8 km away
8.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edwardsville
17.4 km away
Americas Best Value Inn - Collinsville / St. Louis

Been to Red Roof Inn Troy? Share your experiences!