“Lovely Campground”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Utica
Hickory Hollow Campground
Reviewed 25 April 2016

I spent the weekend camping with our RV at Hickory Hallow. The check in process was smooth and the ladies behind the desk were lovely! I stayed in site D2, which is a stone's throw to one of the parks. The site was a cement, pull-through slab, which was nice. Very clean bathrooms and showers, nice staff, and really enjoyed ourselves! I'd prefer a bit more room in between the sites, but as others have stated, the H site is a bit more spacious. I will definitely return!! The only negative, and this is me being picky, is it's a bit noisy from the express way. Other than that, I couldn't find one thing to complain about! :) Check it out, and disregard negative comments in previous threads about rude office staff!

Room Tip: Sites in the H section are more spacious than D
Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 April 2016

My wife and I use this campground to stay at when we just want to get out of the house for a couple of days and want to hike at Starve Rock State park. We have noticed on other reviews for this campground that the management is rude and they don't allow certain dogs for safety reasons. We have never had any problem here with the staff or the facilities, and just the opposite is true of the staff, they are friendly and approachable, and are willing to help you. They have rules and they just want you to abide by them. We have camped here at least five times with our 2 Golden Retrievers, and have never had a problem. This is a nice clean and secure place to camp. The campsites in the "H" section are the ones we like to stay at, they have trees and open common areas to walk the dogs, play Frisbee or just throw a ball around.

Room Tip: Get a campsite in the "H" section of the campground - Trees and grassy areas
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank William H
Reviewed 15 September 2015

Horrible customer service. The ladies at the front desk rolled their eyes at us, scoffed at us, and gave us pathetic and unbelievably horrible customer service. I was too tired from my drive there to deal with their ATTITUDE and I didn't want to set a bad example to my friend's young daughter that was with me at the moment. I didn't say anything to them. I met up with my friends and when I told them they said they were treated the same way and they had arrived 4 hours before me. One of the guys in our group went to the desk to talk to them about their attitude and they asked him if he was the one that had called the police on them for being racist (big surprise). He told them he wasn't but that he did hear they were giving horrible customer service. They started kissing up to our friend and acting like they were so nice. The service there is HORRIBLE. Not going back there.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Rosa D
Reviewed 14 September 2015 via mobile

Stopped here after reading their sign on I80. Park is well shaded with level cement pads. Staff is very friendly. Bathrooms and laundry are spotless. Constant highway noise, not the fault of RV park, would stay here again. Disregard previous negative reviews.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda D
Reviewed 28 August 2015

Stayed here one night on our way to Minnesota. Friendly, efficient check in staff,
clean, spacious sites, clean showers and wash rooms, and quiet. Good Sam discount was helpful. No complaints. Am glad I hadn't read the reviews before coming because I may have not stayed.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeanette A
Reviewed 16 August 2015

Enjoyed our one night here. Quiet, pleasant. Staff was friendly and the campground was very family friendly. We enjoyed our time there and have added it to our list of campgrounds we would return to. Good Sam Discount.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank SadieB195
Reviewed 12 August 2015

Listen to the reviews. This is a creepy place to be. We tried to go there with adults and young children and the crazy/strange owners seemed to make it their mission to make ours and everyone around us weekend miserable. We were playing bags and had to move bags set over 12 inches for no reason at noon (we laughed, but complied), we sang camp songs with the kids at 8pm but were told we would be kicked out if we continued (we laughed, but complied yet again even though we were singing quietly with our kids). Where it gets creepy is we found the old man lurking in the back of our camp site an hour later. They drive on the golf cart with the lights on all night and we noticed it stopped nearby and shut the lights off. I figure guess he is just harassing other campers so I go to check and there he is lurking in our camp sight trying to hide behind a tree minutes after his lights went off. Seriously creepy behavior (we told him to get out of the site now as he is waking the kids and was acting strangely making us uncomfortable). We thought he may be having a stroke or mental breakdown, and tried to tell the owners the next day and they acted like insolent little children. Day 2 was just as bad with the strange harassing behavior and campsite creeping. We finally had to resort to all pulling out our flashlights and point them at them in the golf cart as they would just pull up 20 ft away with lights on and sit and shine into our site. This works, shine 4-8 flashlights back at them and they get the hint. Do not go here, look at all the review websites, and go somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank mark l

Been to Hickory Hollow Campground? Share your experiences!