See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 19, 2016

My wife and I use this campground to stay at when we just want to get out of the house for a couple of days and want to hike at Starve Rock State park. We have noticed on other reviews for this campground that the management is rude and they don't allow certain dogs for safety reasons. We have never had any problem here with the staff or the facilities, and just the opposite is true of the staff, they are friendly and approachable, and are willing to help you. They have rules and they just want you to abide by them. We have camped here at least five times with our 2 Golden Retrievers, and have never had a problem. This is a nice clean and secure place to camp. The campsites in the "H" section are the ones we like to stay at, they have trees and open common areas to walk the dogs, play Frisbee or just throw a ball around.

Room Tip: Get a campsite in the "H" section of the campground - Trees and grassy areas
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank William H
Reviewed September 15, 2015

Horrible customer service. The ladies at the front desk rolled their eyes at us, scoffed at us, and gave us pathetic and unbelievably horrible customer service. I was too tired from my drive there to deal with their ATTITUDE and I didn't want to set a bad example to my friend's young daughter that was with me at the moment. I didn't say anything to them. I met up with my friends and when I told them they said they were treated the same way and they had arrived 4 hours before me. One of the guys in our group went to the desk to talk to them about their attitude and they asked him if he was the one that had called the police on them for being racist (big surprise). He told them he wasn't but that he did hear they were giving horrible customer service. They started kissing up to our friend and acting like they were so nice. The service there is HORRIBLE. Not going back there.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Rosa D
Reviewed September 14, 2015 via mobile

Stopped here after reading their sign on I80. Park is well shaded with level cement pads. Staff is very friendly. Bathrooms and laundry are spotless. Constant highway noise, not the fault of RV park, would stay here again. Disregard previous negative reviews.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda D
Reviewed August 28, 2015

Stayed here one night on our way to Minnesota. Friendly, efficient check in staff,
clean, spacious sites, clean showers and wash rooms, and quiet. Good Sam discount was helpful. No complaints. Am glad I hadn't read the reviews before coming because I may have not stayed.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeanette A
Reviewed August 16, 2015

Enjoyed our one night here. Quiet, pleasant. Staff was friendly and the campground was very family friendly. We enjoyed our time there and have added it to our list of campgrounds we would return to. Good Sam Discount.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family