“Eat here before it's gone”
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Reserve with OpenTable
TGI Fridays is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 134 Restaurants in Vernon Hills
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Deli, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: In Manhattan in 1965, there was no place where people could go out to meet friends and make new ones in an environment that was at once both relaxed and yet exciting. Then, Alan Stillman opened Fridays as a way, he said, "to meet Pan Am stewardesses." Suddenly, there was a place with great food, new and exciting drinks and an electric energy. A place where bartenders mixed the environment just as well as they mixed drinks. In short, a place like nowhere else. Today, Fridays in Vernon Hills, IL is still America's most iconic bar and grill. We embrace and celebrate our heritage as a bar. One that just happens to serve killer food in an environment where it's always Friday.
Reviewed March 22, 2018

TGIFridays is a typical midline restaurant with a bar. The food is tasty, the menu varied and everything is good. The problem is that it is just the same old TGIFridays. The decor remains and despite the menu update, the atmosphere is boring.
A friend and I went on a Wednesday night at 5:30 to eat and talk. The server was very nice. As a TGIF rewards member we got chips and salsa which I prefer warm as in the past. The wine selection didn't give me what I wanted so didn't order from the bar. A French dip sandwich and a Turkey Avocado also were good, and lots of fries came with them. With my rewards points the entire bill was $21 for the both of us.
It was not busy, and one staff noted that this place is rarely busy anymore, even on weekends. St. Patty's Day and The BBall tourney didn't even bring in the folks to drink at the bar and watch the games. Sadly, this location just lost it's parking lot partner and it seems rather isolated in its corner.
At 8:00 we were surrounded by waitstaff who were sweeping and cleaning all around us. We took it as a sign to go home, even tho the restaurant was open until 11:00. We left without considering dessert.
I will hate to see it go, but it can't sustain life in this location, being just off the area that is now housing all the restaurants just a few blocks away. So if you want to eat here, you probably won't be disappointed. But this location is not long for the world so go while you can do it in close proximity.

Reviewed March 28, 2017

No cars in the parking lot, very few people in the restaurant yet it took 15 minutes for waitress to acknowledge us and another 15 minutes to get our drinks. Food arrived in a timely manner, french fries were cold, when we said something to the waitress, there was no real response, no offer to get us hotter food. My mahi mahi sandwich had 4 quarter size pieces of fish, not a good value for the money. The worse part was the gross bathroom which had garbage and used toilet paper on the floor. Won't be going back.

Reviewed June 29, 2016

I was there for lunch with a group of people, the food came fast and everyone liked what they got. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed June 15, 2016

The menu does offer sandwiches (mainly burgers), salads, pasta, chicken,ribs and steak but if you eaten here a couple of times the menu gets boring fast. The food once recieved is good but service is slow . It would be nice if they offered regular nachos, quesadilla, small pizza, club sandwich or wraps.

Reviewed May 9, 2016

My first trip to TGI in USA and thoroughly relished it.
We ordered Ghost Peppered Boneless wings (very hot and juicy-were better for me than the Wild flavor at Buffalo WIld Wings), BBQ chicken flat bread. For Entrees, we had Chicken and Shrimp Pasta, just too good and delicious.
It was a crowded Sat evening, but would revert back as soon as I can, at least for the wings and pasta.