“Excellent Chinese Food in nice surroundings”

Tae Fu Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 67 Restaurants in Villa Park
Cuisines: Chinese, Korean
Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

Tae Fu definitely ranks among the best Chinese restaurants in the Chicago area (and we have been to many). The decor is like you would find in Chinatown - very ornate.
The egg drop soup is a must - rich and tasty with shrimp and many other ingredients. And the pot stickers are excellent.
There is a dim sum menu always available.
Entrees are excellent. My particular favorite is the combination egg foo young - thick, flavorable, and full of meat and shrimp. The Happy Family and Mongolian Beef are also great. The only disappointment was with the fried rice.
Service is friendly and the interior is clean and nice.
Easy parking. We've also done carry out.
A nice, dependable, and excellent Chinese restaurant for dine in or carry out.
We will return, and return, and return...

Reviewed November 1, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I ordered the dinner for two. This is our standard order from a Chinese restaurant. The soup is called Sizzling Rice that is broth with bits of chicken and shrimp, mushrooms and some kind of greens. At the table they put a pressed rice block in the broth and it sizzles. Very tasty. Then seriously good egg rolls and pot stickers. The Mongolian Beef might have been the best I ever had. The Garlic Chicken was right on. Good value. I will be back for more.

Reviewed October 23, 2016

Our food was delicious. We were patient and polite. Service was not fast but once the food came you understood. It tasted as if it was just made. Sounds stupid but we all have been there with bad microwave or reheated food. This was fresh and delicious. Friendly staff. Great setting, service, and food. Another nice point about this experience was the lack of salt in the food. I was not searching for water all through the night. Easy place to recommend. We had dinner but did notice they had great bargains on their lunch menu. Not sure if lunch is good or not but dinner was excellent.

Reviewed September 6, 2016

Wonderful service... We had 5 adults but got the Meal for 4 ($50-60) and it fed us all. The Pot stickers were great, but the Mongolian Beef was superb! Best I have ever had. Do not judge the food by the decor.... (a word to the wise)

Reviewed August 1, 2016

I've been to several Chinatowns -- Boston, San Francisco and Chicago -- and I've traveled to China. Of all the Chinese restaurants I've been to, Tae Fu reigns supreme.

I've quite literally been going to this venerable restaurant for 40 years now. l opened in the late 1970s and has been going strong ever since.

The restaurant was probably last decorated in the 80s. But the food is so good, you just don't care.

I recommend the Mu Shu Pork, Garlic Chicken, Won Tons (stuffed with little pockets of meat) and the Hot Sour Soup. I actually crave this soup and the garlic chicken. It had been a while since I ordered Mu Shu pork, and I forgot how great it is.

I've never had a bad meal here! HIGHLY recommended.