“Great Breakfast at Anastasia's”

Anastasia's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 158 Restaurants in Waukegan
Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed September 8, 2018

Recommended by and a short walk from the Candlewood hotel, this eatery proved to be a good choice for early breakfast. Service was attentive (although no other customers at that early hour) with a plate of bacon and eggs nicely accompanied by delicious fluffy pancakes.

1  Thank Chymron

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

While staying in the hotel next door I ate here 3 or the 4 nights I was in town and each night the food and service were wonderful. I highly recommend you try this place if you are in the area.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

This is within walking distance of a hotel my son and I stayed at for the Fort 2 Base run in Aug. I had never heard of this restaurant but the good smelling food from our hotel invited us in.

My son ordered a loaded burger and we shared some potato skins. I ordered a grilled Caesar wrap and we both were amazed. Cooked, served and tasted absolutely fantastic. The sundae and my cheesecake with plenty of blueberries topped off a perfect pre race dinner.

I wish we had one near our town about 70 miles away. I would recommend this for any family, sports group, or people just wanting a relaxed yet fun atmosphere.

I found nothing about the place, drinks, server and food that I could say one thing negative about. The price seemed reasonable so I tipped 20% but everything turned out perfect.

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

They have a very extensive menu with options for American style food, Greek, and Italian. Nice selection of draft beers also. I ordered the Blackened Chicken salad which came quickly and had a decent amount of chicken on it.

The service was pretty slow for how few people were in the building eating. Plus, my dinner came out first and several minutes later my friends dinner finally came out. All meals should come out together.

Otherwise, I would go back again to eat there.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018

The restaurant was quaint with a bit of a country vibe. The meals we chose were pretty good.
It seemed all tables were wooden. There's no flair or fluff. They did serve alcohol though. They were pretty good but reminded me of a Mom and Pop's place in the country. The service was great too. It's all laid back. Whatever you're wearing is okay. I suggest everyone in the area stop in for a bit, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Date of visit: November 2017