All reviewsgreat lakesnavy graduationfree laundry roomevery amenitywashers and dryerssmoking and non smokingfull kitchenfront desk staffenjoyed our staywalmart supercenterroom was spaciousexcellent place to staysafe areawatch tvlocation was perfectextended stayrecommend this hotel
Reviewed May 22, 2017

Perfect I love this property the staff was perfect and knew so much about the area and the hotel no free breakfast but the rooms were super clean and so was the hotel they even have things you can borrow from them and return

Room Tip: beds are super soft
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TinaTB1977
Amy D, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Candlewood Suites. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. I will be sure to convey all your nice comments to my team regarding your interaction with them. We hope that you will choose to stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed January 15, 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at Candlewood! It was VERY clean and staff were very accommodating. We brought our dog with us, upon arrival, requested a room next to an exit for easy access for our dog, and they made it happen. The room was plenty big enough, and comes stocked with dishes and cookware in the kitchen. There is a free laundry room and gym, as well as an "honor" store, which came in handy! You are also able to borrow other small kitchen appliances and movies (there is a DVD player in room). This was our first stay with the hotel chain, but would definitely recommend it. The only complaint we had were the people above and beside us were on the loud side at times.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane C
Amy D, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2017

Dear Jane,

Thank you for your five star review, and for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I could not have written a better explanation as to the amenities that the Candlewood has to offer. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed January 1, 2017

Staff was thoughtful and accommodating. They have thought of everything to make people comfortable on an extended stay. We were there 7 nights over Christmas and couldn't have been happier. Rooms were spotless. Cabinets well stocked with utensils and dishes and they have many items you can borrow - crockpots, toaster ovens, etc.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Carol,

Thank you so much for your kind words in regards to your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites / Waukegan, IL. So many times in our industry we only hear the "not so flattering" feedback as opposed to your wonderful note! I am delighted to hear that you felt like we were you home away from home. I could not have written a better review. It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with my entire group!!

Reviewed November 7, 2016

Greeting was exceptional and the room was great. Very comfortable and felt like it was just built. Maintained about the best I've ever seen at a motel. This one in a business district and obviously always very busy.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Amy D, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2016

Dear John,

Thank you for your very kind words and for choosing to stay at the Candlewood Suites Waukegan. We are happy to hear that you felt this was the best maintained hotel that you have seen. I will be sure to share your comments with my team. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in the Waukegan area.

Reviewed November 4, 2016 via mobile

It was a wonderful place to stay and the shuttle service to Great Lakes takes the pressure off getting to the Graduation.
The staff was very nice and very helpful with what ever your question is.
The hotel was also close to the
pre- graduation info dinner.
I would recommend this hotel what ever your reason for being in Great Lakes.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Amy D, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2016

Dear Myrnamom,

Thank you for your wonderful review in regards to your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites / Waukegan, IL. So many times we only hear the "not so flattering" feedback as opposed to your wonderful note! It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with my entire group!! Speaking for myself and my team, we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us!!!

Best regards,