All reviews great lakes navy graduation free laundry room every amenity washers and dryers smoking and non smoking full kitchen front desk staff enjoyed our stay walmart supercenter room was spacious excellent place to stay safe area watch tv location was perfect extended stay recommend this hotel
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

This hotel met all my needs and expectations. We came for the Naval graduation and we're able to stream the graduation with no internet interruptions. The staff was very friendly and the share locker came in handy when we had an unexpected guest for one of the nights. The location is great as there is very good shopping center across the street. The only drawback was the thermostat. I'm not sure if it was the unit or user error (or maybe just Chicago humidity) but I couldn't get the room to not be completely "stuffy." Other than that, it was a great stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Amy D, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2017

Dear Mo,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your comment regarding the thermostat. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 9, 2017

I stayed here a long weekend while visiting my brother when he was in A-School for the Navy. I had an enjoyable experience. The room was spacious and roomy. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here myself again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo

To Our Valued Guest,

We take pride in providing the best accommodations and service, so your compliments are appreciated. I’m delighted to learn your stay was pleasant. We are delighted to hear that you will choose to stay with us in the future. I look forward to sharing your feedback with the entire team.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

Very nice hotel, was quite surprised given the value pricing!
Front desk staff was extremely nice, helpful, and professional....they did an excellent job of of taking care of us.
Rooms are near and clean, facility is well maintained, and the location was perfect for our needs.
Great job Candlewood team! We enjoyed our stay very much.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Amy D, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2017

Dear Mjldly,

We are delighted that you took the time to write. Your review lets us know that your stay was enjoyable. Our team works hard to provide a pleasant stay, so we appreciate knowing you felt comfortable while traveling. We thank you for your patronage and hope to be your hotel of choice in the area.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 22, 2017

Booked this hotel for a 3-week long class I was taking about a half hour away and absolutely loved it. It was important to me to have a kitchenette, as I didn't plan on eating out every night for 21 days straight. Rooms have full size refrigerators, dishwashers, microwaves, range-top burners, so I was able to cook frequently on my own. It's conveniently located by the WalMart SuperCenter, so there was easy access to reasonably priced groceries. The hotel also has washers and dryers available for guests to do their laundry free of charge, so I was excited about not having to carry a bunch of quarters to get clean clothes during my stay. And the layout of the room is such that if you leave the door of the bathroom open, you can still watch TV while you're sitting on the toilet.
The staff is very helpful and friendly. If I'm ever find myself needing to stay in this area again, I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: The entire hotel is non-smoking.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Dear Colleen,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and for choosing our hotel. I am happy that you appreciated the level of service received from our hotel staff as well as our clean and comfortable accommodation. It was a pleasure having you stay with us, and I could not have explained our hotel any better. We hope that your travels will bring you back to the Waukegan area in the future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in this hotel while we were passing through the Chicago area. We have stayed in similar hotels and we're not expecting much. We were pleasantly surprised and loved this hotel. We stayed for one night after a long drive. Room was emasculate with every amenity. Front desk staff was on point and did well. The hotel also took pets reasonable at around f 90 a night. I would come back recommend others come here.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Amy D, Manager at Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2017

To our Valued Guest,

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As our valued guest, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service. Thank you for choosing us.

Regards,