“nice cosy place, tranquil surrounding”

Hampton Inn Chicago/Westchester (Oak Brook)
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westchester
Reviewed 24 April 2012

clean & very comfortable room with very good facilities. its a shame there was no safe to keep personal items secure, afterall that's only a small investment; and as i saw, many who came were for business. the surrounding greenery (parks, golf courses and quiet neighborhood) was just perfect. its quite a distance from downtown though, so you'll need a car, and traffic on the interstate can be a challenge, but parking here at the hampton is brilliant. coffee and fruits continuously available were added bonuses. breakfast was rather basic.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Hampton Inn W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago/Westchester (Oak Brook), responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hampton Inn Westchester. I am happy to hear that you felt comfortable in your surroundings at our hotel, and that you enjoyed our 24 hour coffee and fresh fruit service. Although we unfortunately do not have safes in the guest rooms, we do provide them at our front desk if you need to store valuables. Thank you again!

Reviewed 13 April 2012

So Pleased Hampton Inn has remodeled/rethought their properties.

Haven't stayed at a Hampton in years because of a bad experience. This changes everything.

The computer / office area- plenty of plugs around the room- easy to find. Hassle-free wireless. Hot breakfast. Good coffee all day, with to-go cups. Cozy bed, nice couch and ottoman.

Bravo, Hampton. Will put you on top of my travel options.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Wolffgeo

Thank you for sharing such a positive review of the Hampton Inn Westchester. I am glad that we could play a major part in renewing your faith in the Hampton Brand. We pride ourselves in providing consistent and comfortable amenities, such as a comfortable bed and easy wireless internet access, that you expect as a traveler. If you are planning on continuing to use Hampton Inn, please check out the Hilton Honors rewards program to earn free points or airline miles. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Very clean and updated rooms. Seemed to be geared toward business stays. It's only 15 miles from Chicago but for out of towners that means an hour in traffic.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Hampton Inn W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Chicago/Westchester (Oak Brook), responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hampton Inn Westchester. I am happy to hear that you found us to be a clean and comfortable option for your visit to the Chicago area. For future stays, we are conveniently located only a few miles from local transportation that can make your commute into the city a bit less time consuming, our front desk staff would be happy to provide information about transportation. Thank you again, we look forward to having you again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Highly recommended. I travel weekly and this is a hotel I would come back to. Location off the tollway. Checked in late. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Knowledgeable in the morning with directions and time into the city. Nice breakfast with many options. Comfortable bed. Clean bathroom!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Shelley R
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My family stayed at this hotel over the last weekend in March/1st weekend of April 2012. It is fairly typical of a well-done Hampton Inn. The hotel is nestled in a corporate complex which is attractive and quiet. The exterior is clean and attractive. The lobby, while small, is well-decorated and inviting. The room (a King room with a pull-out couch, was a little small, but well-decorated and clean. The A/C, TV and shower all worked well and the king bed was very comfortable. The pull-out couch mattress was very thin and not very comfortable, but that just may be standard for that type of bed. The bathroom was small but very clean. The breakfast bar (again, small) had enough good choices for anyone (hot and cold) and the lobby seating was adequate for most times in the morning. The only gripe I had with the breakfast was that on Saturday, the "hot" has brown potatoes were freezing cold, as if they had just come out of the freezer. Other than that, the waffles, eggs and sausage, cold cereals, fresh fruit, etc, were all very good.
I had a few worries before arriving due to some of the negative reviews. However, I found no problems or issues whatsoever. Just a few minor things:
(1) There is no fan in the bathroom! I believe that this is "code" for every bathroom. Not a good thing.
(2) What is with the "mini" toilet in the bathroom? It REALLY is no more than 10 inches from floor to top and was not comfortable at all. Must have gotten a good price on these...
(3) There is no pool or even a jacuzzi. While I can't call this a "problem" with this hotel, it is something that almost ALL Hamptons provide.
On the plus side, the cost of the stay was VERY affordable at $77 a night (on a weekend) and was enjoyable. I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mbroad58

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hampton Inn Westchester. I am glad to hear that you found our rooms to be comfortable, clean and quiet. I am sorry to hear that some of the food at breakfast was not heated properly, I have addressed this issue to ensure it does not happen moving forward. Thank you for your recommendations regarding upgrades in some areas as well, we will certainly look into these as options for the future. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

This Hampton Inn is well located on a major road and near some eating establishments (Panera is close as is Arby's and a few others). The lobby appears to be rennovated, and my check in process was efficient. As a single female traveler, I was a little taken aback by a man who was just standing around in the lobby near the check in desk. I was in the lobby twice the night I stayed there, and he was hanging out both times. I don't think he worked there, so it was a bit odd. There were copies of USA Today remaining that night, and that was nice to see and read. The room was ok (standard), but the thermostat was turned too low upon my arrival so it took a little bit to warm up to my liking.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I checked in late because of late arrival at Ohare, even with my GPS I missed the turn. I'm sure if it was daylight it would have been ok. There is a big toll plaza/intersection at the same spot GPS was telling me to turn.
The hotel itself is standard Hampton Inn - not the greatest one and by no means the worst. The front desk guy was friendly and easy check in.
I'd have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westchester
1.5 km away
3.1 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West
3.9 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Hampton Inn Chicago/Westchester (Oak Brook)? Share your experiences!