“The only authentic Japanese Restaurant in Southwest suburbs”
Review of Yokohama Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

Yokohama Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed June 3, 2016 via mobile

It is with great sadness that I must report that this wonderful restaurant has closed. Until today, my family celebrated every birthday, Mother's Day, Father's Day, and the occasional New Years holiday at this restaurant for the last 10 years. We came tonight to celebrate my son's last day of middle school and found that they closed on April 30. To the owner, sushi chefs and waitstaff, if you happen to see this - We miss all of you so much and wish you well!

Reviewed December 28, 2015

This is one of my favorite restaurants. I try to go at least once a month if not more frequently. I travel to Japan on business 1-2 times a year. I must agree with other reviewers that the food at Yokohama is as good, if not better, than the Japanese food in Japan itself. The miso soup is hands-down the best that I have ever had. Their bento boxes are wonderful, with delicious, fresh ingredients. One of my favorite dishes is the Sukiyaki. I have not had a bad meal at this restaurant.

1  Thank BrantEmanuel
Reviewed August 19, 2015

For discerning foodies that only go for the real deal in sushi and Japanese food, this is the place for you! Located in the heart of Westmont, Illinois, this tiny and unassuming restaurant (reminiscent of "hole in the wall" eateries in Japan) near the Metra tracks is a best kept secret amongst DuPage County locals. Not only do they serve super freshly made-to-order, catch-of-the-day, garbage-free sushi, but the menu they serve features delicious, atypical offerings that are delight to the adventurous foodie's palate. Of course, they also have the usual/familiar sushi offerings but if you're going here, it would be a shame not to try their specialties. Perhaps the only drawback I have experienced (I have been here a few times) is that the service tends to be super slow, but all that wait is worth it once you get your first bite of the Golden Ocean Roll.

Reviewed August 10, 2015

My husband and I have been to Japan, stayed in Nagoya for four years. I fear exaggerating, but Yokohama restaurant is one of the best Japanese restaurants I've ever been to. Better than many actual Japanese restaurants in Japan. In a nutshell, Yokohama restaurant is thoughtful in preparing their miso, stocks, and use of quality and fresh ingredients for their sushi and maki. Even the breading of the tempura is wonderfully done. I was taken aback that the stock they use for their udon is more delicious, mushroom or fish sauce in base, instead of the mediocre red miso. Dinner menu is different from the lunch menu, lunch menu slightly cheaper. Be spoiled by their green tea service or a serving of refreshing Kirin beer, and have an edamame to truly experience what it's like to be in Japan.

1  Thank Grace S
Reviewed July 29, 2015

This is a good Japanese restaurant that serves good sushi, sashimi and hot dishes. The chefs are actually Japanese, which is not common these days. In same location for decades.