“breakfast is the best here”
Review of Golden Basket

Golden Basket
Ranked #8 of 111 Restaurants in Westmont
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

you can call in your order and everything is made just like you ask, very friendly and welcoming staff

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

For years I've driven by the Golden Basket and wondered what it was like since the parking lot was often full. I recently found out, to my dismay.

Walking in the door, I found the restaurant to be clean and tidy. There was one man in front of me in line at the hostess station. The prospective guess told the hostess his dining partner would be along soon. Although the place was half empty, the hostess pretty much told him that singles aren't seated in the dining room and that he would have to wait for his party to arrive.

When it was my turn to face the hostess, I did not disclose that I was a single diner, saying rather that I was also waiting on my partner. I was told that I would have to wait and that was, "...just the way we do things here." I insisted on being seated so the hostess relented and sat me in a far off corner of the dining room.

My waitress was prompt. My breakfast was lousy. Cold potatoes and the ham in my omlette was mostly fat.

Based on what I witnessed, this is clearly a "townie" place and, if you're not a regular, you treated with indifference.

McDonald's would have been a better choice.

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Those are the words my daughter used to describe her delicious waffle.

I recommend the crepes ❤️ Perfectly light and filling.

We enjoyed the atmosphere of the diner. Felt very welcoming. Loved seeing all the smiles from the owners, employees and customers.

You’re missing out if you don’t give this place a try!

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Coffee shop has comfort food without the grease. Nice, affordable menu and friendly staff. Nice, at the edge of town location.

Reviewed June 4, 2018

Great place to have breakfast. The food is delicious and fresh. The staff is very friendly and remembers you if you come more than once.