“They asked my party to move seats as the movie started, due to assigned seating”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hollywood Blvd. A Cinema, Bar, & Eatery
Ranked #5 of 12 things to do in Woodridge
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I've been to this place several times since they opened and it really is headed downhill: probably some bad policies being practiced.

1. It smells like the floor drains need a good cleaning. Smells nasty like rotten food in the main hallway.
2. Assigned seating is a terrible idea.

The last experience went like a:
Family of 5 celebrating a child's birthday was nearly uprooted from their seats as the movie started, made to show tickets, asked to move due to assigned seating. The charts are not easy to decipher in the dim lighting and there were dozens of seats nearby for the late newcomers. We ultimately stayed in our seats but the entire situation was frustrating and almost embarrassing. What if we misplaced our tickets?
The manager, Jeanine, noted the assigned seat policy. If it's that big of a deal for people to find the exact seat then perhaps they should have ushers to seat patrons.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"cast"
"roller"

Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

Took my grandson to this establishment to see Black Panther. Venue was nice, comfortable, and food was better than I remembered from long ago visit. Unfortunately, the patrons talked loudly all through the movie. People were on their phones, babies were crying, and people were just rude and inconsiderate. It was disappointing that management chose not to eject people who were behaving badly.

2  Thank Jan R
Reviewed December 21, 2017

Hollywood Blvd. is unique in that you can have a meal, drink while enjoying the movie. Tiered seating allows everyone to have an unobstructed view. Owner offers a nice birthday perk too. Eight free passes to be used for one visit and can be used throughout the month of your birthday. Nice perk! Each movie theatre room has a different Hollywood type decor. Make sure to visit the Marilyn Monroe room and also the room that houses various costumes from movies. Unique place!

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

I went to see Home Again tonight and was extremely disappointed to see what this theater has become. I've gone to this theater one or two times a year for years now and never remember having such an unpleasant experience. It always used to be a unique place to go and a fairly good time. We bought our tickets earlier in the day with no problem. We showed up about five minutes after the scheduled start time of the movie which I recognize was a poor choice on our part but walking down to the theater, the hallway smelled so bad that both me and the gentleman I was with had to hold our breath. It was extremely unappetizing. Upon entering the theater we sat down and while I recognize we were late, it took quite a bit of time (I would say about 10-15 minutes) to get the attention of a staff member to take our order. As the movie was playing, I noticed that the screen was dirty and there was a large gray spot that kept appearing. It was extremely distracting while viewing the film and is something that should certainly be fixed. Upon leaving the theater the awful smell was still there and honestly it was hard to not throw up the food I had just eaten as a result. Anyone coming here, I also highly recommend that you come early as parking has always been an issue. The staff was kind but this theater is definitely due for updates and a good cleaning.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 4, 2017

The first thing you notice when you show up to the theater is the Bluesmobile on top of the building.
That's right, there's a car on top of the theater, which is a pretty good indication of what you find inside.
And what you find inside is a full-service bar with great prices, cold beverages, and friendly faces. My recommendation is plan on arriving early because the theater Lobby is as much a show as whatever you plan on seeing.
And if you're into fishnets, check the schedule to see when the resident Rocky Horror Picture Shadow Cast - Completely Crazy -will be performing.
Enjoy, and remember, Don't Dream It. Be It.