“Still under development, but great so far.”

The Inn at Market Square
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Zion
Chicago
“Still under development, but great so far.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

I stayed here just to get away from the city for a night. The hotel is brand new, and some of the amenities are not yet completed, such as the restaurant. So far, what's ready is great. I was greeted at the front desk an hour before scheduled check-in time, and the staff was extremely cordial and professional. I was promptly checked in without difficulty, though I'd made the reservation only hours before by internet. The room was immaculate, and I can't think of any possible complaint. There was free wireless internet, as advertised, and there was no trouble logging in and surfing. Since I was on foot (I came in from the nearby Metra station), my dining options were limited by range. There was a really good family restaurant just across the parking lot (don't be fooled by the rough outside appearance; the food was good, the staff homey and friendly, and the environment comfortable and clean). There was also a good-looking bistro across the street that closed for a private party before I was ready for dinner, but I'll try it next time, perhaps.
Overall, an excellent hotel experience, especially for a spur-of-the-moment, pulled-from-a-hat choice. I'll be revisiting this hotel, probably within a couple of months, and I'm guessing with a few more weeks it will be off and running very well.

Room Tip: For a quieter room, request away from the street.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank IdWarrior1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zion
2.9 km away
Illinois Beach Resort and Conference Center
1.0 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Zion
17.8 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kenosha
15.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant Prairie
Holiday Inn Express - Pleasant P...
#2 of 4 in Pleasant Prairie
16.1 km away
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
12.5 km away
Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee

Been to The Inn at Market Square? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Inn at Market Square

Property: The Inn at Market Square
Address: 2723 Sheridan Rd, Zion, IL 60099-2616 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn & Suites at Market Square)
Region: United States > Illinois > Lake County > Zion
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Spa Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Zion
Hotel Class:3 star — The Inn at Market Square 3*
The Inn at Market Square offers a wide variety of rooms and services to meet all of your needs. Our 84 room hotel has 16 extended stay suites that have full kitchens and living areas. We also offer a fitness center and business facility with free computers, internet and printer access. Guests can enjoy our hot breakfast in the Adeline Room every morning and join us in the evenings on the patio for a relaxing rest around the fire.If you are looking to host an event, The Inn at Market Square also offers banquet facilities and meeting rooms that can accommodate up to 250 guests. All events books at Market Square also come with complementary event planning services to ensure that your event runs smoothly. We work with everyone to meet your budget and event needs. We strive to make your stay or event the best it can be and look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful hotel. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Inn at Market Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.