“Wonderful Place to Stay!”

Century Suites Hotel
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed 8 November 2011

If anyone is visiting Bloomington Indiana and is looking for a picturesque, comfortable, homey place to stay, my wife and I highly recommend Century Suites!
My wife and I stayed there from Nov. 3 through the 6th while visiting family and couldn't have been more happy. Even though you are just minutes away from the IU campus, restaurants, the mall, etc., you feel like you are in your own little secluded world. The units, grounds and central gazebo are very attractive, picturesque and wonderfully maintained. The suite was spacious and yet simultaneously cozy. Loved the kitchenette, small fridge, dishes, silverware (including wine openers!), cooking pans, large flat screen TV and (to our surprise) an electric dishwasher! The restaurant on the grounds, Chapmans, was outstanding! Tastefully decorated, with a wonderful wait staff, incredibly delicious food and creative menu!
All the people who work at Century Suites were incredibly nice and made us feel right at home. Special thanks to Mr. Lew Winkler and manager Daniel Brown who went out of their way to make us feel at home. We've stayed at several places over the years while visiting Bloomington, but from now on it will be Century Suites for us!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank William F

Reviewed 4 November 2011

Nice place to stay, these are all suites or really more like small apartments, with kitchens etc... Set up around a courtyard, I am not sure how many untis there are but I would say around 10 or 15 not many at all.
We have stayed here 4 times in the last year because of its location on the East side of town. It is really the only nice hotel on the East side.
The inside of the units have all been the same, a little dated, not old but not new and they are a little pricey we stayed there last weekend at it was 199 a night for the one bedroom loft. That being said we continue to choose to stay there.
Chapmans is next door and Brusters Ice Cream is across the street, but other than that it is like a residential area. But it is only a mile ro so east of the mall as a reference point.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2011

we generally stay at the Union (which is wonderful) or one of the bed and breakfasts in town, but due to late decision to spend night and it being I.U.'s homecoming, we had to look elsewhere.
we were very happy with Century Suites.....it is in a wooded area, large suites, charming set up, Chapman's restaurant on site is amazing!
we will stay again!!!!!

Room Tip: we had a second floor room which was fine, but you can choose a ground floor suite.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2011

I go to Bloomington several times a year to see family, and I've finally found a hotel I like -- Century Suites. I recently stayed there for four nights, and I plan to stay there for all future visits to Bloomington!

All staff members were very nice, the grounds are pretty, and the suite had everything I needed. I like being on the east side of town, away from the heavy traffic, but close enough to get anywhere in town quickly.

I can't think of anything I didn't like about Century Suites!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank misman
Reviewed 3 February 2011

My family and I had an unusual sitation; we actually live right across the street from Century Suites, and a winter ice storm had our power and heat off for an indeterminate period. When the house temperature dropped below 55, I knew it was time to take steps.

Century Suites met our needs, and those of other "neighborhood refugees." We were able to check in at 11 a.m. even though the official time was later. They also relaxed their pets policy for us and others under the circumstances. When we couldn't get a straight story from the power company as to when to expect things to be on again, they let us tentatively reserve the suite for another night, then cancel it again easily without penalty.

Generally, Century Suites management and staff were an excellent example of something America needs more of: A local business that was also a caring and responsible member of the community. I will stay there again and highly recomend it to others. The suites are clearn and cozy, and the kitchenette was well-appointed.You can't beat a jacuzzi bath in your own room, especially in February! The sidewalks were very icy, but then everyone else in Bloomington was fighting a losing battle with a half-inch of ice and single digit temperatures!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank singledad48
Reviewed 9 July 2010

Was getting some work carried out at my town house so had to move out for a week.
A colleague had recommended I try Century Suites, so I checked in for one night, which turned into eleven! Excellent place & eveything catered for. Would not hesitate to recommend this. The manager Mr. Brown is a credit to the hotel, an absolute gentleman.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank peggysioux
Reviewed 18 April 2010

This is a quaint array of townshouses each furnished comfortably with attention to the traveler's needs. I would recommend you request a room that does not back up on the busy highway for a better night's sleep. The manager, Daniel Brown, is an excellent host and excells in customer service. He REALLY cares about his guests.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple