Homewood Suites by Hilton Bloomington
Comfort Inn Bloomington(Bloomington)(Great Value!)
US$89
ComfortInn
SpringHill Suites Bloomington(Bloomington)(Great Value!)
US$113
  • Breakfast included
US$134
US$129
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Garden Inn Bloomington(Bloomington)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$135
US$159
US$127
US$134
Fourwinds Lakeside Inn & Marina(Bloomington)(Great Value!)
US$164
All reviewsliving areaone bedroom suitebreakfast and dinnergreat hotelbusiness travelerexcellent place to staypool and hot tubtwo queen bedsnight staycomplimentary breakfastbusiness tripdefinitely stay here againindiana universityfitness roomin towna great stayup to date
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Room was booked under a corporate rate. When I checked out I had been charged a much higher rate. They corrected it after a complaint, but should never have occurred.

Maintenance entered my room with a "do not disturb" inserted into the key slot to change a perfectly working shower head. I was never called to ask permission for this clearly non-emergency violation of my room. Management did not care when confronted.

Stay at your own risk...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jack L
goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear Jack L,

Mishaps do happen and we are sorry about the inaccurate rate, and hope that correcting the matter before charges were applied to your account could make up for it. Also, I apologize that your “do not disturb” sign was not honored. We know the importance of privacy and certainly understand your concern. We strive for our property to be in the best condition possible and when alerted we make every effort to resolve a guest’s issue during their stay. The prior guest of the room reported the showerhead faulty and maintenance was a bit too eager to address the problem, thinking you had made us aware of the issue. We value your business and hope we will have a chance to make it up to you in the future when you are in Bloomington, IN. Thank you.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I was attending a weekend event at IU, and when I tried to book a room, I found that all the hotels that had been recommended to me as close to campus weren't available. So I reserved a double queen suite at Homewood Suites for my husband, toddler, and me, and hoped for the best. We were very pleased. First of all, the hotel was an easy 5-10 minute drive from campus. It was quiet, although we heard a little noise from the nearby stairwell and storage closet in the kitchenette/living area. The room was very clean, very comfortable, and very nice. Unfortunately, we did not have time to try to the indoor pool, even though it was located very close to our room. The complementary breakfast was good, although we agree with a previous reviewer that said they would do well with a second waffle iron on busy days.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the end next to the stairs and storage closet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Beautiful lobby and common eating (plenty of room with tables) area for breakfast and dinner (M-Th). Great rooms with full kitchen and nice living space, separated from the bedroom. Very clean and well maintained. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Stayed here when visiting IU with my family. All of the closer hotels were booked so we found this one. It was only five minutes to the campus by car and felt well maintained. I have no complaints and would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Alanwi
goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Hello Alanwi,

I’m Sean, GM at the hotel. Thank you for the positive feedback! The hotel is only a short distance away, on border of the campus. I am glad that you were able to stay with us and I am pleased to hear that we have met all of your needs during your stay. When your family visits, we would love to have you stay with us again to show even more of we have to offer.

All the best,

Reviewed February 24, 2012

I stayed here while visiting my daughter, who is a student at IU. This hotel is off the beaten path, but on the plus side it's very quiet. We have stayed closer to campus before and been kept up all night by street noise and sirens. The beds were comfy and the pillows were great! Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Dear DPHockeymom,

I’m Sean, General Manager at the hotel. I appreciate your positive feedback! I am glad that the Homewood Suites has met your expectations and is becoming one of your favorite Bloomington hotels. Being on the outskirts of the campus, we do find things to be quieter, and we are very pleased that you found that aspect enjoyable. Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We hope you will stay with us again.

See you next time,