“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Bloomington
Wilmette, Illinois
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Have been staying at this hotel for the past three years while my son attends IU. Hotel is clean, rooms are spacious and breakfast is adequate. It is about a ten minute drive to campus, but one has to have a car to get around IU. Never any traffic, except on special weekends, and even that is nothing compared to big city traffic

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank NancyGail

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Korean first
Louisville
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Room was booked under a corporate rate. When I checked out I had been charged a much higher rate. They corrected it after a complaint, but should never have occurred.

Maintenance entered my room with a "do not disturb" inserted into the key slot to change a perfectly working shower head. I was never called to ask permission for this clearly non-emergency violation of my room. Management did not care when confronted.

Stay at your own risk...

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jack L
goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Bloomington, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Jack L,

Mishaps do happen and we are sorry about the inaccurate rate, and hope that correcting the matter before charges were applied to your account could make up for it. Also, I apologize that your “do not disturb” sign was not honored. We know the importance of privacy and certainly understand your concern. We strive for our property to be in the best condition possible and when alerted we make every effort to resolve a guest’s issue during their stay. The prior guest of the room reported the showerhead faulty and maintenance was a bit too eager to address the problem, thinking you had made us aware of the issue. We value your business and hope we will have a chance to make it up to you in the future when you are in Bloomington, IN. Thank you.

Steubenville, Ohio
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I was attending a weekend event at IU, and when I tried to book a room, I found that all the hotels that had been recommended to me as close to campus weren't available. So I reserved a double queen suite at Homewood Suites for my husband, toddler, and me, and hoped for the best. We were very pleased. First of all, the hotel was an easy 5-10 minute drive from campus. It was quiet, although we heard a little noise from the nearby stairwell and storage closet in the kitchenette/living area. The room was very clean, very comfortable, and very nice. Unfortunately, we did not have time to try to the indoor pool, even though it was located very close to our room. The complementary breakfast was good, although we agree with a previous reviewer that said they would do well with a second waffle iron on busy days.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the end next to the stairs and storage closet.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Beautiful lobby and common eating (plenty of room with tables) area for breakfast and dinner (M-Th). Great rooms with full kitchen and nice living space, separated from the bedroom. Very clean and well maintained. Friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Stayed here when visiting IU with my family. All of the closer hotels were booked so we found this one. It was only five minutes to the campus by car and felt well maintained. I have no complaints and would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Alanwi
goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Bloomington, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Hello Alanwi,

I’m Sean, GM at the hotel. Thank you for the positive feedback! The hotel is only a short distance away, on border of the campus. I am glad that you were able to stay with us and I am pleased to hear that we have met all of your needs during your stay. When your family visits, we would love to have you stay with us again to show even more of we have to offer.

All the best,
Chicago suburbs
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed here while visiting my daughter, who is a student at IU. This hotel is off the beaten path, but on the plus side it's very quiet. We have stayed closer to campus before and been kept up all night by street noise and sirens. The beds were comfy and the pillows were great! Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Dear DPHockeymom,

I’m Sean, General Manager at the hotel. I appreciate your positive feedback! I am glad that the Homewood Suites has met your expectations and is becoming one of your favorite Bloomington hotels. Being on the outskirts of the campus, we do find things to be quieter, and we are very pleased that you found that aspect enjoyable. Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We hope you will stay with us again.

See you next time,
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My husband and I stayed one night at the Homewood Suites while we were in town for an IU basketball game. While the location is south of town, the hotel is great. Lovely lobby, great room with a seperate bath and bedroom that is off of the living room and full kitchen. The bed was comfy and the shower was huge. Don't forget to have breakfast that is free each morning until 9am ... it is a full, hot buffet breakfast, which we weren't expecting. Each guest room also receives a complimentary USA Today, which we love. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple