“Beautiful Historic Home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brookville
The Hermitage Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Brookville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 December 2015

I grew up in Brookville the first 18 years of my life. I always loved history, and had never visited The Hermitage before. It took me 39 years to get there. I was very impressed. The home is a historical landmark. Martha, the owner was so nice to show us around. She is a wealth of knowledge on the history in Brookville. The home was built in 1834. There are many antiques and paintings. The home is very well decorated. One of the things that fascinated me was the guest register book. It had a calling card of President Benjamin Harrison's wife (Caroline). I work as a volunteer tour guide at the Benjamin Harrison home in Indianapolis. Also, this was the home of famous Indiana artist T.C. Steele. She has a painting of his hanging in the house. If you like history and visiting beautiful homes, I highly recommend it. Thank you again Martha for a wonderful visit.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Hermitage Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 31 December 2014

We stayed for 2 nights for a family event and it had such a cozy and comfortable atmosphere. Martha was a wonderful host. We stayed in the twin bed room upstairs. We had a great wifi connection and I slept like an angel. The trip was wonderful from start to finish. Thanks Martha! Can't wait to stay again next year.

• Stayed: December 2014
3  Thank Friscomom2
Reviewed 30 November 2014

My fiance and 2 children stayed here in July, it was a wonderful place to stay. Martha was a great host. We stayed for about 7 days and my only recommendation would be to provide a place to unpack our clothes. We literally had to live out of
our suitcases for 7 days. No space provided to unpack...

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Chynablk
Reviewed 2 October 2014

Was a pleasant stay Until 10 minutes after we left and the Owner called me and accused my 9 year old daughter of stealing a gaudy glass (a glass that gave her the creeps and she refused to drink from) Which is funny because our luggage was in the car before we went in for breakfast and her glasses were on the table when we finished and she walked my family and i to the door. These Glasses were Huge if one was taken there would be No hiding it IT WOULD BE NOTICED especially in the hand of a 45 pound girl!!! We also spent 10 minutes on her porch taking photos in the hammock yet we didnt hear a word about this glass until we were on the road she didnt even consider that the other guests who were unattended in the dining room as we left might have taken it. It disgusts me! Her FALSE and merit-less accusation upset my daughter so much she was crying and basically ruined the rest of our trip. And for the record we are a very wealthy family with no need to steal anything PERIOD! I should have cancelled the check i wrote her for such an insult but im an honest person.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank DAKP2000
Reviewed 8 September 2014

The review written by "amysm" is very accurate. This is a very unique old home with an abundance of history. It is quite large - the hundred-foot porch is a good example. The architecture and layout are very interesting and the owner, Martha is a wealth of knowledge regarding the home's history. As it began as an abode for artists, there are many paintings and other artworks hanging in every room, some of which can be purchased. Sign the guestbook, which will reflect a hundred years of visitors next year. Martha will fix your breakfast when you get up, not at a set time. The east branch of the Whitewater River is five minutes walk from the front porch. There are plenty of activities in the area. Make it a point to visit Metamora and Ainsley's Cafe (both a reasonable drive away). Of course, the lakes and rivers offer plenty of activities as well. I hope to return!

Room Tip: If wi-fi is important to you, see about getting a room nearer to the router for better bandwidth.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LimeyKentuckiana
Reviewed 6 July 2014

After boating on the lake and canoeing on the river, it was nice to sit on the 100 foot porch in the hammock and relax! The rooms are large and the atmosphere is very relaxing. It is only 30 minutes to Miami University and 45 minutes to Cincinnati Airport. There are many outdoor activities available in Brookville.

Room Tip: Martha has 3 king sized beds, 2 full beds and 1 room with twins.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We had a wonderful stay with Martha, the proprietor! The house is just amazing. Every room brought a new story and I was like a kid in a candy store just looking at all the architectural details. Beautiful setting right on the river too. We will definitely visit again. Thank you, Martha!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookville
25.6 km away
0.6 km away
Brookville Lodge
Brookville Lodge
#1 of 1 in Brookville

Been to The Hermitage Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!