“Taste of Tuscany in Carmel”

Convivio Italian Artisan Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Convivio Italian Artisan Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 273 Restaurants in Carmel
Reviewed 29 June 2017

During a recent visit to Central Indiana, friends took us to an Italian restaurant not far from their home in Carmel. If you’re looking for a taste of Tuscany, Convivio, is the place to go. Located in a strip center, (What restaurant isn’t these days?) Convivio has an open airy feeling with high ceilings and tables that are far enough away from each other so that you do not have to yell to have a conversation with your dining companions. Upon arrival, were promptly seated and our drink orders were taken. Our drinks arrived along with an order of warm focaccia and olive oil with tomato and herbs for dipping.
The menu covers all the bases, including veal, beef, chicken, and pasta dishes along with a variety of pizzas that you will not find and your local pizzeria. The house caesar salad has just the right amount of dressing with the right number of croutons. Anchovies, which are available upon request were flavorful and not oily. Two of us had the Tonnarelli alla Puttanesca, which came in a spicy tomato sauce. The dish had just the right amount of heat and saltiness from the capers. Special orders can be accommodated as one of our party requested the shrimp prepared in a garlic butter sauce, scampi style. The shrimp were large and cooked well. The other person had the Tagliatelle el Convivo. All the pastas came out al dente with just the right amount of chew.
Dinner was capped off by the four us splitting an order of homemade Tiramisu which was a perfect end to a wonderful meal. Our server, Kathy, was excellent. She explained each dish and attended to our needs without seeming to hover. Dinner for four people with two adult beverages was $131.00. I would highly recommend Convivio for dinner with friends or that special occasion.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

My son and I went in for lunch. The place was empty except for us. The restaurant is small and quaint. There is a small bar up front a private dining room, an open kitchen and a larger dining area. Bread and oil with tomato purée was served while we were waiting for our meal. The pasta is made in house and was delicious! I had the pasta bolognase and my son had the pasta convivio. We both thought our lunches were great as was the service. We would definitely go again!
Two lunches, no alcohol was $40.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Had dinner tonight and everything was terrific. Mark our waiter gave excellent recommendations, paced the meal well and was very attentive. The food was delicious! The fresh made pasta was perfectly al dente. Both the linguine Vongole and the Tagliatelle Bolognese were outstanding!

Reviewed 19 May 2017

We visited over a weekend for dinner and did not need a reservation. The ambiance was good. Great selection of pastas. The food was average, just lacked overall seasoning. The service was exceptionally slow. The server was also quite uncertain about vegetarian choices on the menu.
The tiramisu however was delicious!

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

We came for the fresh pasta. All pasta is freshly made. I really liked the marinara sauce. I also had the cannoli. My husband really liked the homemade shell. I thought it needed more filling. It was rather expensive--for pasta + glass of wine it was $30 for each of us. However, the pasta I had did melt in my mouth.

1  Thank nancy w