“Very good, healthy choices”

Jacquie's Cafe and Gourmet Catering
Ranked #59 of 294 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American
Description: Chef de Cuisine, Jacqueline Bols began her culinary education at Southampton University in England. After graduating she left for the French and Italian Riviera to begin her career as a Chef on private yachts in such places as Cannes, Saint Tropez, Monaco, Portofino and the Amalfi Coast. Jacquie has executed remarkable events that have impeccably incorporated innovative menus, service and quality for discerning guests such as Oprah Winfrey, Sean Connery, Elizabeth Hurley, Kevin Costner, Tommy Hilfiger and additional Forbes 500 clientele. Jacqueline Bols has catered events in the Hamptons, Manhattan and Beverly Hills. During her career she was awarded the Charles Heidsieck award of Culinary Excellence. In 2001, Jacquie’s Gourmet Catering was launched, the style of cuisine has been called modern French, using the most fresh and imaginative ingredients while still maintaining a classic sensibility. Jacquie supports a strong catering team emphasizing – culinary excellence, attention
Reviewed June 10, 2018

We had found this place on our way to Chicago before and really liked the food so we decided to stop here again for lunch. The place was pretty busy and we sat at the counter for faster service. My wife got a chicken chopped salad and I got a croissant French toast and some pommes frites - we loved everything. The service was excellent. I recommend it highly.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed June 1, 2018

My hubbie and I ate breakfast here right as they opened last week prior to an event at a nearby high school. They quickly made a pot of decaf for us (best we've had in ages) and I chose a classic dish, eggs Benedict, while my husband went for the highly rated lemon ricotta pancakes. We both "won" and shared bites with each other. My eggs Benedict were perfectly turned out and came with a yummy potato hash that included sweet potatoes which were yummy. The lemon ricotta pancakes came with a warm strawberry compote that was divine. Portions were good-sized, but not insane, which we both appreciated, too. Definitely worth visiting whether you're a local or traveling through Indianapolis on the northwest leg of I-465 en route to or from Chicago. The cafe is less than a mile from the Michigan Road exit off the freeway. A great alternative to the usual chain restaurants: more personal and with a small, but well thought out and varied menu. Also appreciated the owner promoting local artists by using their walls for a gallery!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

I was attending a conference at the Holiday Inn Carmel and was looking for a cafe w/ healthy food & a light, airy atmosphere. This place fit the bill! The server was quick to place my order since I only had a half hour for lunch. Their Winter Apple Salad was so fresh I wondered if they had a garden hidden nearby. I noticed every person in the place appeared quite happy (probably because the friendliness of the staff was contagious). Plus the walls are decorated w/ works by talented local artists.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for breakfast on a weekday. Even though it was late, there was a good crowd. I ordered the Hash Browns with 2 eggs. It comes with toast and I ordered an English muffin.

The hash browns were homemade with large potato chunks and small pieces of corned beef. Obviously not from a can or commercial provider. Coffee was self serve there in the room with 3 choices.

Great place for something different from the corporate offerings.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

We both enjoyed a hearty breakfast meal. We both had the American. I chose scrambled eggs with my bacon toast a biscuit and delicious gravy. All with a side of fresh fruit and herbal tea. They have a good selection of teas. Something for everyone on the menu. Maybe one of th best kept secrets in the city!!

Date of visit: February 2018