“Good food, well trained server...would eat there again”

The Egg & I Restaurant
Ranked #113 of 295 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

Based upon location near my hotel.....and a wildly expensive hotel menu, I ventured a few blocks to this restuarant.....was seated immediately, even though it was prime breakfast hour on a Sat am....service was attentive, menu offered a wide range of choices....my only comment is the level of noise, yes I'm a senior traveling alone, but a large population of the under 5 crowd and young siblings...made it louder than I would have preferred, would have been tough for adults to carry on conversation....

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank TMGP74059
Katie H, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Thanks for stopping by. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again next time you're in town!

Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

Rating this average to be nice. Wish the waitress that sat us down was ours. She was doing her job well. Ours was just ok. Didn't give me that good customer service feeling but wasn't rude or anything. Food was just ok. Carpet dirty dusty on window sill. To top it off a customers came in with a dog. To make me feel better my husband convinced me it was a service dog, but still. Sorry not my type of place to eat.

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank mrjonesii
Katie H, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2018

Thanks for stopping in. It is our goal to WOW each and every guest that visits us, so we’re sorry to hear this wasn’t the case with you. We do hope you give us another chance in the future to do just that.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a pleasant breakfast sitting outside for brunch today. Started with the Kale juice which was yummy and healthy.

I had the Cambridge skillet which comes with poached eggs, ham, bacon and potatoes. I had the sourdough bread with apple butter which was almost like dessert.

Service was very pleasant.

Enjoy!

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank Pauloffice78
Katie H, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Thanks for the great review! It's just what we love to hear. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 20, 2018

We stopped in to the Egg & I Restaurant after going to church services on Sunday. We are never disappointed when we dine here, because the food is really good and the servers are efficient and cheerful. Whether you order Eggs Benedict, a salad, waffles, pancakes, eggs or anything else on the menu, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Date of visit: May 2018
2  Thank Dave46033
Katie H, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2018

Thanks for the great review! We hope to see you again soon for breakfast, brunch or lunch.

Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

This is a great “what you see is what you get” diner. No fuss, nothing fancy. Just really good breakfast and lunch food. I especially enjoy their turkey sandwich with avocado. I don’t eat pork, so they kindly replace the bacon that comes standard on the sammy with extra turkey or avocado - and either way, I am delighted. I also get a sliced tomato instead of greens or fruit - and I’m super happy with these simple modifications. This is a comfortable diner with the same, kind servers every visit. It is an easy place to go for a lunch date - either solo or for business or with friends. One of my faves.

Date of visit: January 2018
2  Thank MillseyDea
Lindsay D, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2018

Thanks so much for your review! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoy us for breakfast and lunch. We can't wait to serve you another Arizona Turkey Sandwich again soon!