“Cold snowy night”
Review of Ristorante Roma

Ristorante Roma
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Roma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 295 Restaurants in Carmel
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2017 via mobile

We tried an Italian restaurant that was recommended by some friends. We did not know it was even there because it was tucked away in a corner of a several businesses. I ended up getting seafood pasta, my wife- gnocchi with sausage, mushroom, cream sauce. Then bolognese with meat and veal. We were all very pleased with our meals. My son got a steak and daughter got gnocchi with cream sauce. We will visit this place again.

Reviewed December 26, 2016 via mobile

Excellent Italian Restaurant in Carmel. Their $26 bottle of Merritt is excellent for the price and likely the cheapest.red.on the menu. Dried dates wrapped in bacon appetizer is sweet and delicious. Considered getting it again for dessert! Caesar salad was excellent and can get anchovies with if if desired. Seafood pasta - homemade pasta was excellent but only 1 large shrimp and bay scallops were small. Other entree of sweet sausage and pappardille pasta in cream sauce was excellent. Gelato was OK but not outstanding for an Italian restaurant. Attentive service.

Reviewed November 6, 2016 via mobile

We dined here on Saturday for my birthday. Very cute restaurant and nicely decorated. Menu is small but full of a variety of choices. The buratta appetizer was very good. For the main course I had the mushroom and Gorgonzola with gnocchi. The gnocchi was good but the sauce had absolutely no flavor. The Gorgonzola on top could have been a great enhancement but the crumbles were few and far between. My husband had the pasta Del Mar and he said it was good and the noodles were perfectly cooked.

Dessert was the tiramisu. The lady fingers were great but the rest of the dessert was a bit lacking.

We have been to various places in Italy and this wasn't even close. Yes, it was good but I was expecting so much more from the reviews and it just wasn't there. The wait staff was also a bit flippant and I did not include that in my ratings.

Thank you Roma but we won't be seeing you again.

Reviewed October 21, 2016

I go to restaurants for the food, so I'll let others talk about ambience. But the food is just as I remember the food in Italy. The chef's habit of bringing chef friends of his from Italy and putting them to work in Roma's kitchen makes sure you're getting authentic Italian food.

The fact that you can talk to the chef about the evening's specials is a definite plus -- I was there one night when the "guest chef" had (really) just gotten off the plane and came directly to the restaurant and cooked the specialty. THEN he went to the hotel and caught up on his sleep. Amazing.

There's been nothing I've eaten at Roma that hasn't been beyond good. Let your server and the chef guide your selections.

I wish they were open Monday evenings. I'd be there a lot more often!!

Reviewed October 20, 2016

Loved this little bit of Italy tucked away in Carmel, In. The food is fresh and delicious. The service was impeccable. Such a wonderful find!