“Best homemade pasta in Carmel”
Review of Ristorante Roma

Ristorante Roma
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Roma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 290 Restaurants in Carmel
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

For a pleasant surprise try Roma. Food is excellent. Homemade pasta really rounds out any dish. Been there about half dozen times and each time has been excellent. Service is also very good. As a sole proprietorship restaurant we hope Roma is around for a long time.

1  Thank Greg H

Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

From the outside and surrounding area you would never have guessed what is inside. This small, quaint family owned business definitely has a passion for Italian cuisine. Everything is housemade. You'll find a small menu because of this but big flavor. I had a dish with gniocchi and white sauce. The dish had sausage and mushrooms. We liked that the sausage was very fine. My only wish was that I would have loved a little more sausage and mushrooms in the dish itself. Our pasta dishes came out piping hot and stayed hot. The bread served at the table was nice and fresh as well. Superb cuisine and good service. The chocolate volcano cake was perfect to end the meal and a great petite size for two. Just enough to satisfy that sweet tooth! This is a place that we will be sure to visit every now and again. Dinner for two with a glass of wine and a dessert ran about $65 without tip for those of you wondering.

1  Thank Donna E
Reviewed March 12, 2017 via mobile

My wife & I made reservations for dinner prior to our concert at the Palladium. We were seated next to the kitchen and I ended up facing the kitchen doorway which is partially obscured by a curtain. I was disappointed by the hostess' choice of table for us considering we had a reservation.

My wife had the Caesar salad with grilled chicken and I had the grilled chicken with Italian sausage--we both enjoyed our entrees. The bread and oil which came out prior to our meal was hot, fresh, and delicious.

The pace of the meal was superb, the decor was pleasing even with the poorly chosen location for our table, and the wine selection was extensive.

Overall, I was pleased with this meal but slightly disappointed by the menu variety and quantity of menu items with regards to non-seafood entrees and salads. The total price was about 20% higher than a fair market value for a similar meal in downtown Indianapolis.

If you enjoy fine wine and Italian seafood cuisine, I recommend this restaurant. If you are not a fan of seafood and wine, I recommend that you try a different restaurant.

1  Thank riebrown1683
Reviewed March 6, 2017

Authentic and real? Well, you can cook authentic food with can tomatoes and processed cheese. I included real because you can taste the difference. The smoothness of real butter, homemade semolina noodles, great and fresh ingredients. How often do you have a three course Italian meal and do not feel indigested or bloated? You can eat here to your hearts content and you will feel nothing but joy at the end. That is real food. We had a combination of pastas, appetizers, wine and dessert that were all fantastic. Even the coffee was smooth and rich. If you are in north Indianapolis/Carmel area you must visit this local non-pretentious jewell.

Reviewed February 18, 2017

Well decorated interior, two levels with tables and booth. Friendly greeting at door, with reservation seated right away. Acknowledged by wait staff, initially not sure how friendly the server was however they warmed up and we enjoyed their service and recommendations. The calamari is the best I have had, grilled with great flavor. our entrees were very good, rack if lamb and the ground veal pasta. The food was served quickly, almost too quickly. Although that may have been in our favor because the noise level in this place was horrible and way over the top. My comments to the person at the door, perhaps a manager were the food was astounding however the atmosphere sucked. He apologized and said they are trying to do some work to fix it. This place is not that new I can't imagine that the noise is suddenly a problem....invest in a fix.

1  Thank Hoosier5251