“Delicious Cake!!”
Review of Chesterton Cake Shoppe - CLOSED

Chesterton Cake Shoppe
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

Our family ordered a birthday cake from here for my out-of-town Aunt's birthday & it looked amazing & tasted so good. It was a chocolate covered strawberry cake & was the coolest looking cake!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

For every holiday and birthday, we place our orders here. Tracy uses nothing but the best ingredients and her artful touch makes every cake and sweet a delight.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

stopped into get something fast & easy to eat before hiitting the European Market w/ my sister-in-law Maureen..her 1st. visit to Chesterton..had some coffee & a couple of small chocolate cakes to go..very good & light & tasty...great selection of products to choose from...

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

We have gotten cakes from here for a couple of years now but hadn't ordered one in a while. Since I had a birthday last week I loved being able to say where I wanted my cake to be from. Chesterton Cake Shoppe is about a 45/50 minute drive from our house which is quite a distance. Well let me tell you -- it's TOTALLY WORTH IT!! We've tried a few different cakes from here -- chocolate, banana and yellow and mixed up the frostings --vanilla & chocolate. After having maybe close to ten cakes, we have decided on our favorite: It's four layers of wonderful moist yellow cake with a chocolate mousse in between each layer. The outside of the cake is decorated with a white buttercream frosting and then covered (on the sides) with toasted coconut. You can have flowers on the top if you want (I did). I'm the icing lover in the family and it's soft, creamy and not sickening sweet like many others. The icing and the coconut are so wonderful together. (Gotta get it toasted though cuz the other way is not the same.). My husband is the "cake" lover in the family and loves how moist the cake is. The banana cake with the same frosting is my second favorite. We have had cupcakes from here before and they are very delicious as well. But..........you've just gotta try one of those cakes!!!

Reviewed 22 February 2016

Anytime I am in Chesterton I stop for a cupcake. I love this bakery.The only disadvantage is it is hard to find parking.