Columbus Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 7 September 2011

This was a business trip for myself, but the 15 couples that came with me were in it for the pleasure. We planned several stops in Columbus and this hotel was a good location. I create trips, plan them, sell them and then do the tour myself. I have experienced many hotels in the past 10 years, I have to say this hotel was by far one of the BEST!
The front desk had all the room keys ready for me at check-in, therefore my 30 guests did not have to sit on the bus any longer than needed. We were welcomed with smiles and great attitudes from staff. I did not receive one complaint from any of my 30 guests, all I heard from them was, "Wow! This place is very clean!" or "I can't believe all the options on the breakfast bar." or "What friendly people! If the rest of the town is like this we would like to come back."
You get the point, yes I would recommend this hotel to anyone and especially to groups!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank David S

Reviewed 15 August 2011

This hotel was ok---it did have a nice atrium/breakfast room and some little "sitting areas" as well as a decent exercise room and laundry. The room itself (we had one with 2 queen beds) was somewhat dark and "long in the tooth" with a very cramped sink area. It was clean and the bed was comfortable but is in need of updating. The lamp on the desk was broken. I made do with it for an overnight and let them know when we left so assume they would repair or replace it. If I went back to Columbus I would probably try to find another hotel. I suppose it is roomy and nice if you have a group that wants to use the common areas but I booked it based on reviews and did not feel it was worth the accolades.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2011

For almost 20-years, I've been traveling to Columbus (IN) about once per month for business purposes. I've stayed almost exclusively at this hotel. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean (could be a little cleaner in my opinion), the amenities (exercise room, Internet) are very good. The morning breakfast (included in the room charge) is adequate. The location is good, near I-65 and right off SR-46. If you're looking for a hotel to simply relax and sleep, I would recommend the Comfort Inn & Suites.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2011

This was a nice comfort it was clean people were friendly. Had a odd flow breakfast on the second floor in a atrium. Minor issue My room was off the breakfast room and when my air would go off I could hear the piped in music in the atrium. I woke several time a night due to this. Other than that a good stay clean comfortable and friendly staff.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 25 March 2011

...Relocating from Huntsville, Al we made a reservation 2.5 Hours while on the road.
The person taking our phone reservation was extremely helpful and when we checked in we also found the staff to be courteous and helpful.
We were pleasantly surprised with our room , King bed , full kitchen, tv, sofa.....and VERY CLEAN. and an excellent value. (and a smoking room).
Conveniently located off I65 with many restaurants within walking distance.
As we will be traveling thru again we have decided that this Comfort Inn will be our choice.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2011

When you have been driving 10-12 hour, you just want a clean room, a hot shower, a good rate, and a free breakfast in the morning....all things being equal, one chain hotel is about the same as the next one. What makes the Comfort Inn in Columbus different is the staff, especially Jessica! When we called for a reservation, she was helpful, assuring us there would be an easily accessible spot to park our truck and rv. She honored our request for first florr, and got us a room near where we parked our beast of a vehicle...we could look out the window and easily see our kayaks and bikes were still there! When we arrived, she remembered our name and greeted us with a smile. We felt like it really mattered to her that we had chosen her hotel! Other staff we encountered also had warm smiles and pleasant comments, but Jessica was the best. I would definitely return!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2010

I stayed at this hotel specifically because of the positive reviews here on TripAdvisor.

I was not disappointed.

The room was nice and clean which, to me, is the most important aspect of a hotel. The price of the room (about $80) was great, especially compared to others in the area.

I was very pleased with the complimentary breakfast, which was in a very nice, spacious dining area.

Two fairly minor issues that I had with the room: The wireless Internet connection seemed to be very poor. I had to continuously reconnect because of it dropping off. Also, I couldn't get the air conditioning to run consistently, no matter how I set it.

Like I said, those were relatively minor issues. I will definitely stay here the next time I'm in town and would absolutely recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NickPappagiorgio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
0.3 km away
12.3 km away
Best Western Edinburgh/Columbus
12.7 km away
Hampton Inn Columbus / Taylorsville / Edinburgh

Been to Columbus Hotel? Share your experiences!