“Quaint little place”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2018

We went there on a bus tour. The food was good (Ours was a buffet). I had chicken & meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, cole slaw, green beans and peach pie. Service was fast. The décor was cute with pictures from the show. The souvenir shop was very small but had a few treasures that I bought. Outside was the Mayberry Police cruiser and I got my picture made beside it. I kept humming the Rascal Flatts song...I miss Mayberry....

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Carolyn H

Reviewed October 8, 2018

Stopped by Mayberry Cafe on the way home from Turkey Run and had a great meal. Monday steak special was cooked perfect and tasted great. Daughter had a hamburger and loved it as well.
Great meal and atmosphere.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Stephen G
Reviewed September 22, 2018

We were taking the back roads home and came across this hidden gem. Out on the street was a (presumably) replica of the Mayberry police car. When we walked in we were asked if we wanted to sit upstairs or downstairs. The lower level was crowded but not packed. We chose upstairs. There was a family with children there when we arrived but after they left it was actually too quiet. Though cute upstairs in retrospect we should have opted for the main level. Both the upper and lower level had photos fo the cast, artifacts and old episodes of the Andy Griffith Show playing.

Our server was very attentive and extremely nice. One of us had the Taco Soup and salad bar, the other the 2-piece Catfish meal with mashed potatoes and sweet tea. For those looking for beer or wine, no alcohol is served.

The soup was heavy on the meat and a bit closer to chili. It was good but needed a bit more spice to warm it up. The salad was very good but you need to go downstairs to make the salad. One can take the stairs or elevator. Our waitress was so kind she offered to make the salad for us! I've never had catfish before so I can't say it tasted "normal". I can say to me it was outstanding. The meat was firm but not hard and the breading sweet with a light crunch. The catfish came with tartar sauce or cocktail sauce. I ended up eating most of the meal with no sauce. It was good without. The mashed potatoes were also very good.

We both were full so took blackberry cobbler to go. Like the meal, the pie was a healthy portion. We ate the pie the next day and added ice cream. Goooooooooood stuff.

You never know what you'll find on the back roads. So glad we explored.

Quoting Andy Taylor: Goodbye, goodbye. Partin' is such sweet sorrow that I would say goodbye till it be morrow.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

We all had the chicken, 1/2 hearty fried chicken, it was delicious! My aunt & I split the the blackberry cobbler it was good too.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went there for dinner. My meal was substandard, hers was inedible. It looked so bad the cook should have never put it on the plate and the waitress should have never served it. Although we live close and it is convenient, I doubt we’ll ever enter the establishment again.

Date of visit: February 2018