“Wonderful room, very,very clean and comfortable.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Horseshoe Southern Indiana
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elizabeth
GreenLeadersBronze level
Louisville, Ky.
“Wonderful room, very,very clean and comfortable.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Spent the night here last week with some family members. This room was totally clean. Clean comfortable bed. Just a real nice place to stay. A bit noisy next door with the little kids, yeah I could not believe that either, but not real bad. What do little kids do in a casino anyway. Service checking in and out was great. Very nice helpful front desk people. If you have doubts about staying here, leave them be. It is a nice well maintained place. A bit stinky in some areas due to rampant smoking, but not as bad as I thought is would be. Bearable.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Hopsaregood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (784)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

Rooms are very nice, beds are amazingly comfortable. The walk to get from the hotel to the boat is rediculous. It took me 30 minutes to walk from the hotel to the casino. Thats not fun when you get to the casino and realize you forgot your ID in your room. Went to play a slot machine and won $88, when I went to cash it in, the computer said invalid, took it to the cashier and a guy came up, who was very rude, and accused me of stealing the ticket! Needless to say, I didn't walk out with my $88. The restaraunt food was amazing and had a wide selection. My husband cleaned out the blackjack table though, so take that.... horseshoe!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank twebster8
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Just celebrated my bday here!! The people who complain just like to complain. The rooms are very very nice the drinks are inexpensive and the people are beyond nice!! Check in took all of about 2 minutes. The room had a huge flat screen newly remodeled carpet and smelled clean. When you check in they tell you about the mini bar and snacks and you must sign for it. The idiots that didn't realize this read!! Where have you ever been and that's free?! Casino is great. Doesn't smell like smoke at all. Will be back soon

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Pepsi991
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Let me start by saying we are not gamblers so I can't judge the casino (it's the only one we have ever visited). We went for Jim gaffigan in the showroom. I made our reservation on Tues. For Fri. Night & they accomodated my request for a higher floor on the river side (per what I read on here), but they had sold out of king rooms. The bathroom was not as nice as in the pics but it was big and clean. I had registered online for Ultimate rewards and when we went to the casino, they gave us a voucher for a free night m-thurs. We ate at legends at the bar, which was good (we didn't have to wait, 5 beers, app, and entrée for$30. I read the previous review, and I have to say, the room was more than we wanted to pay, but we are not the type of people who try to get free stuff or feel entitled to it. We had an issue w/ 1 entrée at legends and they remade the food And took it off our bill. All in all, a good time, and EVERY emp. Treated us with respect and courtesy.

Room Tip: If you feel like "gambling" on your room, wait until your event gets closer. Ours went fro...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jessie S
New Hope, Kentucky, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

Booked two rooms for Saturday 1/14/2012 thru Orbitz and arrived at the hotel to check in and Krystal behind the desk informed me that I did not have any rooms reserved. She could not find my reservation; that had already been applied to my credit card. Thank goodness I had my confirmation information with detail trip summary. Waited over an hour for her to fix the problem....finally got two floors that were on different floors...My husband and I finally got to our room and the bathroom was disgusting. Someone left a very big messy surprise! Then when we returned back that evening the TV would not work.....Tried getting some Paula Dean buffet tickets for having to wait and Kyrstal shot that down quicker than I could finish.....NOT PLEASED AT ALL WITH THE HOTEL.....and lost money in the casino!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Carrie B
Highland, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

Slots were very tight-not paying out much at all. Room was very nice, but definitely not worth the price when you consider no breakfast, had to pay extra for internet, and if you pick up the drinks or snacks in the room, it automatically billed them to you by the weight. We were informed of this when we checked in. The Paula Deen restaurant was extremely good, and the employees there were very helpful and friendly. Also, when we left, we called down before we left our room to have our vehicle brought up, and waited at least 20 minutes when we arrived downstairs. They finally checked on it (after everyone else got theirs). The man that brought it up, said they had to scrape off the ice because they had parked it outside. There was no frost on any of the windows-just the dirt from driving the evening before. Doubt if we will go back.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

Decided to try this out for a New Year's Eve trip. I was pleasantly surprised when we walked into the room and there was a big flat screen TV WITH HD instead of the 27" tv's advertised on the website. Room was clean, bed comfortable. Had a little trouble with the room thermostat. It was either North Pole or H*ll. Long walk to casino but they have rolling walkways which helps and escalators between floors in the casino. I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the casino. Could not tell this was a riverboat. Good selection of slots in all denominations. Diamond Lounge was OK. Horeshoe Tunica has them beat on that. We had a very good meal our first night at Legends. Blue Moon shrimp were huge and very tasty. Pasta dish not as good. Had Paula Dean's breakfast buffet next morning. Very good. I must say that the meal we had at Binion's Steak House on NYE was one of the best meals I have had anywhere including Las Vegas. We had the Filet with King Crab legs - both cooked perfectly. The King crab legs were huge and I could not eat all of my steak. This restaurant is a must. It is pricey, but indulge - you won't be sorry. We will be going back.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank TCB_12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
Central Business District
Comfort Inn Louisville
#51 of 95 in Louisville
Central Business District
Embassy Suites by Hilton Louisville Downtown

Been to Horseshoe Southern Indiana? Share your experiences!